Is selling on eBay difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is selling on eBay difficult?

I have to sell some of my S/L books. I'm all set up as a seller on eBay I just haven't begun selling books there yet. Would anyone in this forum be interested in seeing the list of Cemetery Dance titles I'd offer? I can compile a list of titles if there is sufficient interest.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

It's not difficult, but be aware that, generally speaking, most titles go for only a fraction of their value, and eBay and PayPal both combined take away about 10% of the revenue.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 09-22-2014, 02:12 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yeah, try selling them here or on thedarktower.org forums first.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        It's not difficult, but be aware that, generally speaking, most titles go for only a fraction of their value, and eBay and PayPal both combined take away about 10% of the revenue.
        Understood. I've been very, very reluctant to officially start selling books on eBay which is why I've yet to do so.

Cap

Comment

The biggest problem would be the shipping charges, as books can be quite heavy relative to their size. I have sold tons of stuff on eBay though, and even have a page set-up for my work to try to get rid of old stock, etc.

Selling can hard, as people have mentioned, on eBay - think of it like a big garage sale most of the time. Another example: I have quite a few scale model F1 race cars that I wouldn't mind to sell, but.....I don't want to give them away, so I have not listed them on eBay yet.

Comment

eBay does eat up your proceeds... I have a few friends that call it "fee-bay". Even worse, prices on there can be random. I have a few searches I follow, and I've seen one particular book go for as little as $140 and as high as $500-ish.

I recommend trying the forums first. Then give eBay a shot with a high start price or just do a fixed price listing. Only use eBay with a low start price if you're needing to liquidate quickly.

Comment

Definitely list here

Comment

I should have the list completed tomorrow evening. It won't take as long as I thought and than I'll post the list here.

Cap

Comment

Working...
                X