Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MASSIVE BOOK SALE!

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar

MASSIVE BOOK SALE!

Hi everyone I am posting this on behalf of Grant Wootton(AKA Bad Penny from thedarktower.org) who is selling his entire collection, he has already sold a good deal of his King collection via Betts Books and now wishes to sell his non-King related S/L editions, I have his master list in the form of an Excel spreadsheet which, I don't think I can upload here but if anyone is interested PM me and I can send you the list, he has also said that I may give his personal email address if anyone wants to contact him

I am looking at the list now and if you like:

Jack Ketchum
    Edward Lee
    Robert McCammon
    Richard Laymon
    Clive Barker
    Graham Masterton
    Kealan Patrick Burke
    Dean Koontz
    Peter Straub
    Justin Cronin
    William Peter Blatty
    F. Paul Wilson
    Ray Garton
    Dan Simmons
    Tim Lebbon
    + Many Others

Then please PM me and I will send you the list and/or his email, he is a great guy and needs the support right now

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks!
    Last edited by Tommy; 08-31-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Many of us remember Grant very well as he used to be a member here and showcased his massive collection before he made the move to thedarktower.org.
    I am very sorry he is forced to sell his books and wish him well.

Siep

PM sent.

Yeah, he was the first person to show me any kind of support over there when I joined and I am more than glad to help him out!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Wow, why is he selling everything?
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Same here I remember him. Sad news.
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Many of us remember Grant very well as he used to be a member here and showcased his massive collection before he made the move to thedarktower.org.
    I am very sorry he is forced to sell his books and wish him well.

Siep

PM sent.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    I miss Grant, too. And he had such a fabulous collection; one of the best I'd ever seen, or heard of. I hope he's doing okay.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Gotten several requests for the list, you guys are great! If I have sent you the list and you know of anyone who might be serious about buying something from it then please feel free to circulate the list

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    I inquired about one of the books with Mr. Wootten, and it turns out someone had sniped it! I was beaten by 1 hour and 10 minutes I heard.

The Hellbound Heart, Tommy, ring a bell? LOL

Thanks for sharing the list!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    I inquired about one of the books with Mr. Wootten, and it turns out someone had sniped it! I was beaten by 1 hour and 10 minutes I heard.

The Hellbound Heart, Tommy, ring a bell? LOL

Thanks for sharing the list!
    I am so sorry!, I had already bought eight books from him BEFORE I saw that wonderful list and I immediately inquired about that one, If I ever come across another one I will send word your way for sure!

No worries at all, and congrats on picking it up! I mostly know Barker through short stories, which I love, but not nearly so familiar with his novels. Cabal was great, though, and looking forward to Damnation Game.
    -John Barth

TDG has been my favorite novel of his so far with The Sacrament, The Great and Secret Show and Coldheart Canyon close seconds, Hellbound Heart is a very short novella that can be read in one sitting so I don't consider it a novel, but it is really good, actually the only thing I've ever read by Barker that I didn't love was Mister B Gone, save that one for reading last, if you have to read it all

Thanks for the clarification, not sure why I though it was a novel. I'd forgotten about Great and Secret Show, but I've been wanting to get to that one as well. It appears I also need to open up some slots for Coldheart Canyon and The Sacrament.

I'm telling you, the day I get fired will be the greatest day of my life. No book will be safe.
    -John Barth

Junior Member Visitor

Question LIST?

Hi
    Could you also send me the list
    of what's left in the
    collection

Thanks

Deepak

Jack Ketchum
    Edward Lee
    Robert McCammon
    Richard Laymon
    Clive Barker
    Graham Masterton
    Kealan Patrick Burke
    Dean Koontz
    Peter Straub
    Justin Cronin
    William Peter Blatty
    F. Paul Wilson
    Ray Garton
    Dan Simmons
    Tim Lebbon
    + Many Others

Then please PM me and I will send you the list and/or his email, he is a great guy and needs the support right now

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by vexavex View Post
    Hi
    Could you also send me the list
    of what's left in the
    collection

Thanks

Deepak

Jack Ketchum
    Edward Lee
    Robert McCammon
    Richard Laymon
    Clive Barker
    Graham Masterton
    Kealan Patrick Burke
    Dean Koontz
    Peter Straub
    Justin Cronin
    William Peter Blatty
    F. Paul Wilson
    Ray Garton
    Dan Simmons
    Tim Lebbon
    + Many Others

Thank You for reading!!

EDIT: If you want to see the list please send me your email address because I cannot attach an Excel Spreadsheet through PM, I'll email you the sheet and Grant's address, thanks!
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Deepak, sure! I need you to send me your email address first so I can email you the spreadsheet

Thanks,
    Tommy

I've gotten several requests for the list and I hope I have responded to everyone who asked, if I somehow missed you then please drop me another PM please!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    All who were around here in the beginning remember Mr. Woot fondly. I am sad to see such a spectacular collection being sold off. I wish I had the funds to snag a few of his goodies, but I don't. Please give him my best.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    All who were around here in the beginning remember Mr. Woot fondly. I am sad to see such a spectacular collection being sold off. I wish I had the funds to snag a few of his goodies, but I don't. Please give him my best.
    I miss him too, and am saddened by his collection going to the four winds. I'm sure his was one of the top SK collections in the world. I really hope he's doing well, otherwise.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Yes. Same here. I got the list and after figuring out what I wanted realized right now is not the time for some of these. Lots going on in my life right now. I do hope Mister Woot is alright.

The next time I email him, I will be sure to say how much he is missed on the forum and send him all your well-wishes

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed ruderabbit's Avatar
    If any one is on the fence about buying something...get off that fence and do it!!

I bought several from him directly a couple weeks ago, they arrived quickly, and safely.

There are a few more of the King variety that ended up in a lay a way with my name on them too.

Goodbye Delirium collection, hello more CD and King books.

~Mark