Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What audio book are you listening to?

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I'm listening to an audio lecture course Empire of Gold: A History of the Byzantine Empire by and narrated by Prof. Thomas F Madden. I'm up to Segment 3. There are 7 segments total. Prof. Madden has become a favorite of mine. I've listened to I believe 6 of his audio lectures. At Gryphon Editions a signed book by Prof. Madden is available to purchase.

Cap
    I really need to brush up on history more... and finally get a new phone so I can play podcasts and more audiobooks.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    That sound interesting. Please provide your thoughts on the book when you finish.
    Without getting into a religious discussion; it would bore you to death if it's not something you find interesting. I will point out one interesting opinion from the book. If the bible is the word of God, why wasn't it created by him? Never to be misinterpreted nor lost or destroyed through the ages. Do not discuss further as Dan will sack us LOL.

Just about to finish up a little story about Stevie Nicks. Pretty much typical sex, drugs, and rock n roll. Learned somethings I didn't know.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Without getting into a religious discussion; it would bore you to death if it's not something you find interesting. I will point out one interesting opinion from the book. If the bible is the word of God, why wasn't it created by him? Never to be misinterpreted nor lost or destroyed through the ages. Do not discuss further as Dan will sack us LOL.

Just about to finish up a little story about Stevie Nicks. Pretty much typical sex, drugs, and rock n roll. Learned somethings I didn't know.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I may check it out.

Just starting The Chalk Man.

Audible has Paul Tremblay's new collection listed as new in NON-Fiction. Are they trying to tell us something?

Just starting The Chalk Man.
    Finished this and wasn't overly impressed.

Just about to finish The Dead Drink First. A WWII piece about PTSD and returning fallen soldiers back to US soil. I've really enjoyed.

Finished this and wasn't overly impressed.

Just about to finish The Dead Drink First. A WWII piece about PTSD and returning fallen soldiers back to US soil. I've really enjoyed.
    I really enjoyed The Dead Drink First. I have considered going back and finding the book it is about.