What audio book are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Currently listening to Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. I have read the book but this is the first time listening to it. I am quickly reminded why this is my favorite Joe Hill Novel. Very creepy and enthralling story. One odd part of the audio us that they occasionally insert a pause with a Nine Inch Nails instrumental and then begin the narration again before cutting the music. It is distracting.
    Stephen Lang is an amazing narrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Stephen Lang is an amazing narrator.
      He is doing a really good on this one. I am picturing Jude Coyne as he talks.

Comment

Currently about half way through the Audio of Salems' Lot. Been too many years since I read this one, really enjoying it!

Comment

Currently about half way through the Audio of Salems' Lot. Been too many years since I read this one, really enjoying it!
          I think I would really enjoy that myself. I'll have to add it to the list.

Comment

Decided not to wait for the limited of Flight or Fright. Will be starting the audio of this today.

Comment

Decided not to wait for the limited of Flight or Fright. Will be starting the audio of this today.
              Loved Flight or Fright, several of the stories are worth the rice of admission alone. Many classics and the new Joe Hill story is fantastic!

Now listening to John Scalzi's The Human Division. This is book five of his Old Man's War series and I realized that I only have one more in the series after this one. I am going to miss this story line. I am about half way through this one and am loving it.

Comment

Finished up Sleeping Beauties several days ago and I wasn't that thrilled with it. I was all in for the first 1/3. After that, I found my ears straying.

Listened to Guns by Stephen King as well. I found it very interesting and the narrator was good. I was surprised to learn that King owns firearms.

Comment

Finished up Sleeping Beauties several days ago and I wasn't that thrilled with it. I was all in for the first 1/3. After that, I found my ears straying.

Listened to Guns by Stephen King as well. I found it very interesting and the narrator was good. I was surprised to learn that King owns firearms.
                  I had a similar response to Sleeping Beauties but I made it 2/3 through before I began having trouble staying tuned. Overall I enjoyed it but wish it was shorter. I have not listened to Guns since it was released, remember enjoying it. Will have to listen again soon, it's not like the views aren't relevant anymore.

Comment

I had a similar response to Sleeping Beauties but I made it 2/3 through before I began having trouble staying tuned. Overall I enjoyed it but wish it was shorter. I have not listened to Guns since it was released, remember enjoying it. Will have to listen again soon, it's not like the views aren't relevant anymore.
                    So true. I another shooting in Maryland yesterday.

Comment

So true. I another shooting in Maryland yesterday.
                      Not really all that far from us here at CD. Maybe 20 minutes away or so.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I was curious how close you guys were, Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Wow, 20 minutes is basically local.

Comment

Listening to The Best of Richard Matheson.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                              Listening to The Best of Richard Matheson.
                              That sounds like a good one, just added it to my Audible wish list.

Just starting a re-read of Ghost Story via Audible. Been many since I read this and I have seen the movie several times in since. Starting the book I am quickly reminded about how much depth the movie is lacking!

Comment

Finished the audio book of Eric Idle Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography. If you are a fan of Monty Python this is a must read.

Comment

Working...
                                X