Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Just starting The Chalk Man.
    Finished this and wasn't overly impressed.

Just about to finish The Dead Drink First. A WWII piece about PTSD and returning fallen soldiers back to US soil. I've really enjoyed.

Comment

Finished this and wasn't overly impressed.

Just about to finish The Dead Drink First. A WWII piece about PTSD and returning fallen soldiers back to US soil. I've really enjoyed.
      I really enjoyed The Dead Drink First. I have considered going back and finding the book it is about.

Comment

Just finished up The Road and loved it.

On to The Institute. Didn't take King long to get to Trumpp.

Comment

Glad you liked The Road. It really is one of my favorite reads.

Just finished up The Road and loved it.

On to The Institute. Didn't take King long to get to Trumpp.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Cemetery Dance introduced me to Michael Koryta with 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. Looking for more from this author I found 'If She Wakes' on Audible. Early on this one felt a lot like 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. In Chapter three a direct link between the stories was revealed. I am not sure if this is a sequel or a stand alone story taking place in the same universe. I am enjoying it so far.

Comment

Just about to finish Midnight in Chernobyl. This event and story has always captivated me since it happened. It's a super technical listen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Cemetery Dance introduced me to Michael Koryta with 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. Looking for more from this author I found 'If She Wakes' on Audible. Early on this one felt a lot like 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. In Chapter three a direct link between the stories was revealed. I am not sure if this is a sequel or a stand alone story taking place in the same universe. I am enjoying it so far.
                I enjoyed 'If She Wakes' as much as 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. I initially had concerns that it was too close to 'Those' but it was a unique story. While it is not a direct sequel it takes place in the same universe. This one is set up for a sequel. We will see if that happens. Overall a very good story.

Comment

I enjoyed 'If She Wakes' as much as 'Those Who Wish Me Dead'. I initially had concerns that it was too close to 'Those' but it was a unique story. While it is not a direct sequel it takes place in the same universe. This one is set up for a sequel. We will see if that happens. Overall a very good story.
                  Glad to hear that. I'll have to give it a read. I really liked Those Who Wish Me Dead.

Comment

Currently listening to Plum Island by Nelson DeMille and narrated by Scott Brick. He's doing a great job. Good story. For those interested, there is a lot of interior dialogue, something some people just hate.
                    Last edited by topazann; 05-24-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Red Dragon and I'm really enjoying.

Comment

Currently listening to Hearts in Atlantis. Nearing the end of Low Men in Yellow Coats. I remember enjoying this back when I read but I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. Just a fantastic story on so many levels!

Comment

Currently listening to Hearts in Atlantis. Nearing the end of Low Men in Yellow Coats. I remember enjoying this back when I read but I am surprised at how much I am enjoying it. Just a fantastic story on so many levels!
                          I listened to it as well and loved it.

Comment

Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It's about travellers travelling to Hyperion and each traveller is individually narrated. They tell their stories as they make their way there.

That and Ender's Game. The one that has multiple narrators.

Comment

I may have mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I really liked to upcoming book Midnight Under The Big Top. Even with the big name authors contained within the story that has stuck with me was one by author Tananarive Due. I decided to see what else she has done. In my research I discovered she was the Executive Producer of the documentary Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror which is on Shudder and I really enjoyed. I also found that both her parents were heavily in the civil rights movement and she co-wrote a book with her mother about civil the civil rights movement. Turns out this is available on Audible. So I am four chapters in and it is fantastic! The chapters alternate between mother and daughter each explaining their experiences.

Comment

So one of the Audible freebies this month was called Henrietta & Eleanor with one of the authors being Robert Louis Stevenson. There was some mention of Jekyll and Hyde so I was intrigued. Well it was actually a modern retelling of Jekyll & Hyde set in modern times with the Doctor being a female. Not what I was expecting but I enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X