Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling: Salem's Lot (Centipede Press signed limited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE the way your sale is going, Brad.
    And still a couple of days to go.
    Fingers crossed!

sk

Comment

Brad, don't worry about it. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

John

Comment

Oh I see you're using your proxy accounts, each with several hundred feedback points, to run up the bids. You clever bastard!

Comment

LOL!! Yeah, I'm sneaky like that.

Comment

Copy #29 of the Centipede Press S/L edition of Salem's Lot is currently priced at $6,500 on Abe Books...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...+lot&x=61&y=18

I agree with John, it certainly sounds like sour grapes to me too. Ignore the stupid comments from that Ebay member Brad, I for one hope that you sell your copy #24 of Salem's Lot for a sum similar to what is being asked on Abe Books.
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

WOW!!!! That would be insanely fantastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                WOW!!!! That would be insanely fantastic!!
                I have sent you a PM, Brad.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Couldn't resist with the high level of interest in SALEMS LOT.
                  Put mine on ebay today - copy # 11 signed/limited

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301268111967...84.m1555.l2649

Bill

Hey all,

I am selling my copy of Salem's Lot from Centipede Press. It is 1/300 copies and this is #24.

Thanks for looking and if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass it along!!

Thanks,

Brad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151371409707...84.m1555.l2649

Comment

I think it would have been smarter to wait until mine closed. Two for sale at the save time does nothing good for either. Still, I expect we'll both be happy. LOL!

Comment

Wow, nice price there with it being at $2,000 right now! I'd love to have that book, though there are others I want more from CD (whether signed or not). I actually enough money to bid on it, but my wife would be very pissed if I spent that kind of money on a book. Feels weird, but very good to say I have enough money to bid on that listing though! Been a long time since I had that kinda money. If only I had it (or rather knew that I had it) during the recent CD offer of the free grab bag with purchase last week
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

I disagree - bidding war means at least 2 highly interested buyers. Gets the blood going

I think it would have been smarter to wait until mine closed. Two for sale at the save time does nothing good for either. Still, I expect we'll both be happy. LOL!

Comment

That's not what a bidding war is. All you've done is drawn bidders away from Brad's auction. Notice that the high bidder on your auction is someone that has been outbid on Brad's; that guy may have bid again for Brad's copy, but because you've introduced a (currently) cheaper option, he went with that, instead.

I mean, you're free to do whatever you want with your book, but you did do a disservice to Brad by posting a competing auction.

Comment

Supply. Demand. There's more activity on a book when there are fewer available, but such is life.
                            Last edited by bsaenz24; 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

opportunity. free market.
                              are you implying that only one should be allowed to sell at a time? Not a very capitalistic view.

Supply. Demand. There's more activity on a book when there are fewer available, but such is life.

Comment

<< implying that only one should be allowed to sell at a time?
                                No. Saying that it would have been smarter? Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X