Finders Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finders Keepers

I think it's time for the second book in the Mr. Mercedes trilogy to have it's own thread.

According to Ms Mod on the SKMB, Finders Keepers should be out the first half of 2015.

John

Honestly the fact that it will be a trilogy has somewhat dissuaded me from even picking up Mr. Mercedes.

Comment

I noticed the "letter" via a link through Goodreads, showing the body count of the Mercedes Killer, which lays out the plans for said trilogy. I am enjoying Mr. Mercedes - getting through it faster than I usually read a book of that size. Now, I'm not saying it's the best book ever, but so far, so good. As far as my thoughts on it being the first in a trilogy.....hard to say. I think a lot will depend on how I like the second half of Mr. M, and how I feel about Finders Keepers, once I read the synopsis. I have said at least a few times on here, I am a reader first, collector second. Despite the author, I won't necessarily jump on it, especially if it doesn't interest me.

Comment

Personally I'm a big fan of trilogy's and series in general. Though that may be mostly because with the limited time I have to read I only read books I know I'm going to like, and if I like a book and it's characters I always want more.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I think book ventures are getting too oversaturated in these forced trilogies. To me, I love to see one big epic novel, I can figure out the pacing myself. Splitting into 3 just seems like its milking. I wouldn't have an issue if there were not so many trilogies out there, its like co-authoring now.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
            I think book ventures are getting too oversaturated in these forced trilogies. To me, I love to see one big epic novel, I can figure out the pacing myself. Splitting into 3 just seems like its milking. I wouldn't have an issue if there were not so many trilogies out there, its like co-authoring now.
            I would rather a trilogy if the individual books are between 400-500 pages. I would never trust a mass market publisher could produce a book 1200-1500 with any kind of good quality. They have enough of an issue with the ones they publish already. I also wouldn't consider them forced trilogies either in most cases.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I've read Mr. Mercedes and it's a stand-alone volume in itself. I'm just glad we'll get an additional volume (or two) with some of the same characters.

John

Comment

Here's a letter from Stevie on his website:

http://stephenking.com/promo/mr_merc...-the-toll.html
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  I would rather a trilogy if the individual books are between 400-500 pages. I would never trust a mass market publisher could produce a book 1200-1500 with any kind of good quality. They have enough of an issue with the ones they publish already. I also wouldn't consider them forced trilogies either in most cases.
                  I get that but I think what comes out as three 500 page books as one book would probably less and more filtered.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury
                    I get that but I think what comes out as three 500 page books as one book would probably be less and more filtered or refined.
                    I agree. The publishers would never allow A 1500 Page book. Plus we the readers get 3 books instead of 1 and more of a book because there wont be as much slicing & dicing.

Comment

Will the planned slipcase for Finders Keepers be similar or a match for Mr Mercedes?

A uniform look for the three would work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by drain74 View Post
                        Will the planned slipcase for Finders Keepers be similar or a match for Mr Mercedes?

A uniform look for the three would work well together.
                        I agree!

John

Comment

Promotional broadside (1500 copies)

John

Comment

Looking at Amazon.com, it seems the cover has changed fro Finders

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's for the UK edition - the publisher for the "new" cover is Hodder & Stoughton. The Scribner edition still shows the original cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X