No announcement yet.

Multi book deal for DRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laymon is a nice grab for DRP for sure. I have one of his books, but have not read it yet (To Wake The Dead). Should be interesting to see what titles they will be publishing.

Comment

Nice announcement by DRP. I don't know if I'll be picking any of the titles up once they are announced but it is pretty cool news.

Comment

Ah you guys beat me too it! LOL Yes it's Richard Laymon. They will be 3 deluxe/limited edition HCs that have not seen a limited release (and in some cases not even a US HC). Here's the whole press release:

We are thrilled to announce that a contract has been signed giving us the rights to three anniversary/collector's editions of Richard Laymon novels. Laymon was a world-renowned bestselling horror author of The Cellar, Beware, Funland, Island and many other titles. He was the recipient of the HWA Lifetime Achievement Award and was once the President of the Horror Writers Association.

All three Laymon volumes will be edited by DRP team member James R. Beach, founder of Dark Discoveries Magazine. The books will include many extras, including previously unpublished materials by Richard Laymon, new introductions/forewords by authors that he mentored/inspired, never-before-seen photos, notes and all-new cover artwork and interior illustrations. The books will be signed by multiple contributing authors, artists, editors and more.

The three titles that we will be publishing will be revealed as the first book comes closer to preorder. We hope to launch the first Laymon volume for preorder on the DarkRegions.com website by Q1 or Q2 of 2015, and plan to have all three titles released by the end of 2016.

We are truly honored to be given the opportunity to publish the great Laymon's work. Keep an eye out for more information as the months progress!

Comment

I have 4 of the 6 authors locked in too for writing introductions and afterwords. I want to get the last two locked in before we announce that too, but the plan is for all 6 authors to sign sheets along with the artists and editor/s. There will be 3 contemporaries of Laymon's and 3 mentorees. I'm also working with Ann Laymon on the extra materials for each book which will be some non-fiction material, photos etc. I want these to be very special and something Dick would be proud of.

Comment

Nice to hear that the books haven't been done as limiteds before. That piques my interest a little more. Thanks for the additional info!

Comment

Very cool - thank you for sharing some of the details!
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Killer news, I have my fingers crossed for The Stake and Bite. Didn't CD do the Cellar already?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Killer news, I have my fingers crossed for The Stake and Bite. Didn't CD do the Cellar already?
                  The Cellar isn't one of them we're looking at doing nor any of the other titles CD did (we don't want to step on our friend's toes and also doing a limited of a limited is kinda lame unless it's a big deluxe anniversary edition with new stuff etc. In my opinion that is). The titles we are choosing from (of a list of 10 potential titles) are from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s. We've basically got it narrowed down to 4 or 5 now but wanted to see what comes together a bit more with the extra content and author's choices for books for intros and so on. We want these to be special not only for the fans, but friends of Laymon as well.

Comment

Very cool, I can't wait to find out more!

Comment

These books will be must have for me. Hope I can put the money together for them. Can not wait to see which books are chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        These books will be must have for me. Hope I can put the money together for them. Can not wait to see which books are chosen.
                        Me too, can't wait to see who they have for artists. DRP has really been stepping it up in both the author and the artist department.

James, I know it's probably to early to tell, but do you know if the books will have interior art and if they will be signed by the artist (whether interior or cover)?

Comment

Working...
                        X