Book buyers beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnemec View Post
    I've worked with filip1 before and had a catastrophic issue as well, but he fixed it. Had a Gauntlet Press signed Richard Matheson book shipped to my house, but it got put on the wrong truck and marked undeliverable (this I know for a fact--my mailman and I had a long chat about his coworker). When it was sent back, it was destroyed by the post office. It took awhile (and while it was just for me, I was still extremely patient), but eventually he sent me a replacement. Keep the faith--at least in the book people!
    Thanks man, that's really good to hear. I can be patient I just need communication.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      Seriously? Why would they destroy it? Or is that a question that doesn't need asking when discussing USPS?
      I assume that was rhetorical. This is the same organization that said the book was undeliverable because the address didn't exist, even though it was the same address at which I receive mail everyday. Apparently, if it goes on the wrong truck and the guy is lazy, they mark it undeliverable and it goes back to the sender. Lucky for me, filip1 was able to get another copy out to me.

Stupid post office.

Comment

It was somewhat rhetorical, I just don't understand the part when they destroyed it. That seems beyond even their occasional lack of logic.

Comment

So the saga continues, and has gotten worse. After getting notice from UPS that they have recovered the package, he tells me he now has to raise the price, to pay for return postage and postage back out again, otherwise he's losing money. Why should I care, he messed up? So I tell him skip it at this point and just give me money back. And this is where communication ends again. So 3 more messages sent over the last month and nothing. I am very saddened by this, especially after I showed him the courtesy of reversing a well deserved negative feedback. So book buyers beware Otto/filip1/Realms of Fantasy Books, cause for the 9/10 times things work he's great, but for the one it doesn't he couldn't care less about and would rather lose a customer than lose a few bucks. And I hope my warning makes hime lose a few more customers. Working in the sales industry this kind of attitude appalls me.

Comment

Sorry this happened. I'm dealing with something similar right now from Better World Books on ebay. Sent a book back to them almost a month ago, still no refund. Hope you're able to get things sorted.
            Mike

Comment

Thanks for the update. I have bought three or four items from him in the past. I will no longer be buying from him. Too many good sellers out there to bother with ones who are not going to take care or the customer.
              Originally posted by Theli View Post
              So the saga continues, and has gotten worse. After getting notice from UPS that they have recovered the package, he tells me he now has to raise the price, to pay for return postage and postage back out again, otherwise he's losing money. Why should I care, he messed up? So I tell him skip it at this point and just give me money back. And this is where communication ends again. So 3 more messages sent over the last month and nothing. I am very saddened by this, especially after I showed him the courtesy of reversing a well deserved negative feedback. So book buyers beware Otto/filip1/Realms of Fantasy Books, cause for the 9/10 times things work he's great, but for the one it doesn't he couldn't care less about and would rather lose a customer than lose a few bucks. And I hope my warning makes hime lose a few more customers. Working in the sales industry this kind of attitude appalls me.

Comment

He's off my list now too (though I've never had a problem with him). I've used him twice. Once I let him know that what he sold me was not what he advertised and he refunded my money promptly. (Of course, I signed the email Squire R. Boone, Esq.--which is not a lie, just a rat race I got out of before I got too involved in it; I'm still on the books in KS, just inactive.)
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

^I'm sure it couldn't have hurt.

Comment

Maybe you should enlist the use of Squire's signature on your next correspondence.

Comment

Working...
                    X