Book buyers beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book buyers beware!

I recently purchased the signed numbered Gauntlet Press edition of Poppy Z. Brite's Lost Souls from a buyer on Ebay named filip1, his store name is Realms of Fantasy Books, as it is on Abebooks as well. The seller shipped the book, apparently, to Brampton, Ontario, for some reason. Then said he was trying to get it back, as I was keen to get the book I waited. After waiting weeks with little headway I asked for a refund, after a few days wait he responded that he was starting the process of the refund, whatever that meant (I'm the fool here I know now), then proceeded to BS and lie until the alotted time for a complaint through Ebay was up. He now refuses to respond to any messages. So if you see a book from this seller at a price that seems to good to be true it probably is. Be wary and don't get screwed like I did.

Get in touch with the customer service department at Amazon and file a complaint with them. I did that once and got a seller to send the item to me overnight! Sellers hate it when you sick Amazon on them. But I ordered CP's The Ninth Configuration by William Peter Blatty from realmsoffantasybooks off theri website and they never responded. So I ended up ordering it from them off Amazon (fillip1 was the seller) and I received pretty quickly.

Hope everything turns out good for you.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have bought from fillip1 several times with no problem. Apparently you got very unlucky. I'm sorry to hear that

Comment

I bought an Ed Lee book from filip1 off of eBay last year with no problem, sucks this happened to you though and I hope it gets dealt with appropriately

Comment

You can also file a complaint through Paypal and go around eBay.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I've purchased from the same seller on eBay as well with no issues. Haven't bought much from him though as I often found things cheaper elsewhere. Hope this gets taken care of in your favor!
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I have bought from this seller multiple time a few years without issue. Clearly something has changed. His ebay feedback went from 0 neutral or negative feedback ratings a year ago to 7 negative and 1 neutral. Clearly a seller to avoid.

Comment

I bought a book from that seller in early April. They shipped same day and it was well packaged so I have no complaints.

Comment

I've purchased quite a bit from him over the years without a problem. However, it's my understanding that when something does go wrong, it goes catastrophically wrong and he's very bad about responding.

Comment

Well he did get back to me today and offered the refund. The book is being shipped back to him, after being sent to the wrong address. I'd ordered from him in the past too that's part of the reason I was really disappointed. But apparently there had been a miscommunication, he had e-mailed, but I had never received it and thus never responded. Well my faith in humanity is restored temporarily. Ie. book buyers please cease being wary.

Comment

Glad to hear it is being worked out.
                      Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      Well he did get back to me today and offered the refund. The book is being shipped back to him, after being sent to the wrong address. I'd ordered from him in the past too that's part of the reason I was really disappointed. But apparently there had been a miscommunication, he had e-mailed, but I had never received it and thus never responded. Well my faith in humanity is restored temporarily. Ie. book buyers please cease being wary.

Comment

Please let us know if this all works out and that you did receive your refund. Good luck.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yeah will do. Honestly I'm still a bit wary since nothing happened until I left feedback.

Comment

I've worked with filip1 before and had a catastrophic issue as well, but he fixed it. Had a Gauntlet Press signed Richard Matheson book shipped to my house, but it got put on the wrong truck and marked undeliverable (this I know for a fact--my mailman and I had a long chat about his coworker). When it was sent back, it was destroyed by the post office. It took awhile (and while it was just for me, I was still extremely patient), but eventually he sent me a replacement. Keep the faith--at least in the book people!

Comment

Originally posted by dnemec View Post
                              .... When it was sent back, it was destroyed by the post office....
                              Seriously? Why would they destroy it? Or is that a question that doesn't need asking when discussing USPS?

Comment

Working...
                              X