Helping the Hoss: A Benefit Book Auction for James Newman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping the Hoss: A Benefit Book Auction for James Newman

Many of you know about our good friend James Newman's recent accident and the debilitating injuries he suffered because of it. James is back home from the hospital now, but he's in alot of pain and will be out of work for quite a while, recuperating and doing some torturous physical therapy.

I am in the process of putting together a benefit book auction to be held on the week of May 11th through the 17th. Dozens of signed books from your favorite horror authors and publishers have been pledged and are arriving at the Kelly house daily. I urge you to join us on eBay on the week of May 11-17 and bid on a book or two. It would be an excellent opportunity to beef up your bookcase, as well as help a good man and his family make it through a very difficult time.

You can read all the details, as well as a long list of contributing authors and publishers on my blog at Southern-Fried & Horrified (see link below). Thanks, y'all!

http://ronaldkelly.blogspot.com/2014...ction-for.html

I'll be there!!
    Mike

Comment

Very sorry to hear about James... You're a good man, Ron. I'll check the e-bay auctions when they are opened, and I'll post a tweet, for what little good it'll do.

Comment

I'll check in on the auctions. You're doing the Lord's work, Ron. Especially so soon after your own encounter.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The first two days of the Helping the Hoss Benefit Book Auction for author James Newman have been a huge success, with bids for dozens of signed horror books surpassing a whopping $1,000 and proceeding at a steady pass. Fans and collectors showed their admiration and affection for James and his family by bidding on signed books by Robert McCammon, Joe Lansdale, Peter Straub, Bryan Smith, Brian Keene, and dozens of other top-name authors in the field of horror and suspense. Phase 3 begins tonight at 5pm Central time with a brand new batch of signed books by your favorite authors. Here’s the line-up for tonight:

May 13th

Soft and Others – F. Paul Wilson
          I’m Not Sam – Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee
          After the Burn – Ronald Kelly
          The Haunted Forest Tour – Jeff Strand & James A. Moore
          The Forum – James Newman
          A Soul in a Bottle – Tim Powers
          Back Roads and Frontal Lobes – Brady Allen
          Burial Ground – Michael McBride
          Invisible Fences – Norman Prentiss
          Seal Team 666 – Weston Ochse
          Femme – Bill Pronzini
          Kinsmen – Bill Pronzini
          Heart of a Dragon – David Niall Wilson
          Hell Gate – Elizabeth Massie

Hope y'all join us tonight for Phase 3!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rkelly3368/m...s=1&_ipg&_from

Comment

The first two days of the Helping the Hoss Benefit Book Auction for author James Newman have been a huge success, with bids for dozens of signed horror books surpassing a whopping $1,000 and proceeding at a steady pass. Fans and collectors showed their admiration and affection for James and his family by bidding on signed books by Robert McCammon, Joe Lansdale, Peter Straub, Bryan Smith, Brian Keene, and dozens of other top-name authors in the field of horror and suspense. Phase 3 begins tonight at 5pm Central time with a brand new batch of signed books by your favorite authors. Here’s the line-up for tonight:

May 13th

Soft and Others – F. Paul Wilson
            I’m Not Sam – Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee
            After the Burn – Ronald Kelly
            The Haunted Forest Tour – Jeff Strand & James A. Moore
            The Forum – James Newman
            A Soul in a Bottle – Tim Powers
            Back Roads and Frontal Lobes – Brady Allen
            Burial Ground – Michael McBride
            Invisible Fences – Norman Prentiss
            Seal Team 666 – Weston Ochse
            Femme – Bill Pronzini