Thread: Things happen...

Senior Member Inmate Ronald Kelly's Avatar

Things happen...

Some of you may be in the dark about my accident on Friday, so I'll fill you in:

I was on Interstate 40 Friday morning, heading to work at 4:30 AM. The traffic was light (thank God!) probably because it was Good Friday. I passed a rest area and was approaching a gradual curve, when I saw brake lights up ahead. I began to slow down and suddenly saw a pickup truck sitting crossways in my lane. The vehicle was dark with no lights and was probably no more than twenty feet away when I saw it in my headlights. I tried to brake and manuever into the right lane, but didn't have much time to do either. I T-boned the truck at about 60 mph. It totaled my car, but fortunately I only escaped with a sore hand and foot, which are okay now. If the traffic had been heavier and the tractor-trailer trucks as thick as thieves like they were during the drive this morning, I probably wouldn't be here to post this. The good Lord was watching out for me Friday morning. Despite what anyone says, He's still in the miracle business.

CAR WRECKED.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Thank Goodness!! Hope you are recovering from the bumps, bruises and insurance!!!
    Mike

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I read the news on twitter, sounds like a pretty horrifying accident. Good thing you made it out relatively unscathed.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Glad to hear you're okay, Ron. Something similar happened to me in '94. If I'd been travelling just 1 mph faster, I wouldn't be here either. And you're right on. Keeping the faith matters. Here's to a speedy recovery.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Wow, glad you are doing okay!
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Glad you are OK. It's amazing how fast things can happen.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I'm happy to hear that you are okay!

Senior Member Inmate Ronald Kelly's Avatar
    Thanks, guys. The physical discomfort of the accident has passed, but the emotional impact still lingers. We're having trouble with the insurance company of the vehicle that I collided with (the claims rep actually accused me of being responsible for the accident... five minutes after it originally took place), so that's some stress I don't particularly need right now. As a result, I've suffered the first true bout of writer's block that I've had since coming back to writing in 2006. For the past week, I just haven't been able to put two words together. I know it will pass, but it's still frustrating, considering the amount of literary irons that I have in the fire right now.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Just remember your fans and readers support you, and when you're ready to get writing again we'll be ready to get reading!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    I glad you're okay, Ron. Keep feeling better. Those writing gears will re-engage soon.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Junior Member Part-timer
    Very happy to hear that you are A-OK Ron!!! Do you have insurance for your car?