Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Harris

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
    Thought i'd share these pics. Has anyone seen this before? I'm curious if this is rare or not.This is as close as I've seen of a Thomas Harris Ltd. It was a giveaway from Bantam Dell.
    There was a signed limited Hannibal Rising put out by Delacorte Press, bound differently (all black in black slipcase, tipped on signature page). No limitation number but supposed to be under 300 copies.

Pictures here: http://www.bookstellyouwhy.com/pages...imited-edition

Wish this guy would write more! (Same for Scott Smith)

Comment

Still trying to decide between editions. Really leaning toward the lettered edition. I love this book and The Ruins so having a matching lettered set would be awesome. The price is somewhat prohibitive. Or at least making me more conservative about the purchase.

I love the cover art! Is Glen Orbik going to be doing the cover for The Ruins as well? I've also noticed a recent trend of books being announced that are already at the printers or will be printed quickly (Carrie, Cannibal Sisters, and then A Simple Plan); is this just a coincidence or is this the beginning of a new trend at CD?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Still trying to decide between editions. Really leaning toward the lettered edition. I love this book and The Ruins so having a matching lettered set would be awesome. The price is somewhat prohibitive. Or at least making me more conservative about the purchase.

I love the cover art! Is Glen Orbik going to be doing the cover for The Ruins as well? I've also noticed a recent trend of books being announced that are already at the printers or will be printed quickly (Carrie, Cannibal Sisters, and then A Simple Plan); is this just a coincidence or is this the beginning of a new trend at CD?
        Orbik did indeed paint both covers. They'll make an interesting set on the bookshelf, I think!

Every now and then we go through periods where we have a lot of books ready for the printer that haven't been announced yet, so we wait until they go to the printer to announce them since we're also busy catching up on some older titles that still need to be published. We find it's less stressful on everyone to just announce those new books when they're pretty close to being done.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

COOL ON THE Orbik covers. Looking forward to seeing the cover of The Ruins. As far as less stressful,my guess is Dan would disagree with you on that.
          Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          Orbik did indeed paint both covers. They'll make an interesting set on the bookshelf, I think!

Every now and then we go through periods where we have a lot of books ready for the printer that haven't been announced yet, so we wait until they go to the printer to announce them since we're also busy catching up on some older titles that still need to be published. We find it's less stressful on everyone to just announce those new books when they're pretty close to being done.

Brian

Comment

I'll be skipping this one, as I am not familiar with Smith's work. Man what a beautiful cover though!

Comment

Haven't read the book, but it made a great movie! Since books are generally better than the movies made from them, I imagine this one is killer.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This title sure doesn't seem to be generating much buzz here in the Forum (half of this thread is about different authors), but it looks intriguing to me. Not everything has to have ghosts 'n goblins in it to be good, and this one sounds good.

Comment

That is a shame. Some of his work can be tough reads but every bit of it is impactful.

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                  We've checked on Cormac McCarthy in the past, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, unfortunately.

Brian
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

FYI. Love the cover art on this one and wish I knew more about the author to justify the purchase of this book. Hope this is a big hit for the folks at CD because they hit it out of the park with the cover.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

This is a very good book. I think the lack of buzz may be more related to the fact that the author has only released two books in 21 years. The first of which, A Simple Plan is widely regarded as a great story. The second, The Ruins has had a very mixed response. Some have called it a great story and some, myself included thought it was a very weak effort. I am happy that CD is giving A Simple Plan the treatment it deserves but I will not be ordering The Ruins.
                      Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
                      This title sure doesn't seem to be generating much buzz here in the Forum (half of this thread is about different authors), but it looks intriguing to me. Not everything has to have ghosts 'n goblins in it to be good, and this one sounds good.

Comment

I figured this announcement would create more of a stir as well. I can say that I was super excited when I read the announcement. I love both books, but I agree that The Ruins is a polarizing book. People either love it or hate it. I read it before A Simple Plan so maybe that's why I fall into the former group. The Ruins may not have the moral complexity of A Simple Plan, but as a straight horror tale I thought it was a blast.

To anyone on the fence about A Simple Plan, I say do yourself a favor and buy the book. It lives up to the hype. And if you've already seen the movie, don't worry the second half of the book is significantly different than the film, and, in my opinion, better.

Comment

I completely agree on A Simple Plan, this book will be a great addition to my collection.
                          I figured this announcement would create more of a stir as well. I can say that I was super excited when I read the announcement. I love both books, but I agree that The Ruins is a polarizing book. People either love it or hate it. I read it before A Simple Plan so maybe that's why I fall into the former group. The Ruins may not have the moral complexity of A Simple Plan, but as a straight horror tale I thought it was a blast.

To anyone on the fence about A Simple Plan, I say do yourself a favor and buy the book. It lives up to the hype. And if you've already seen the movie, don't worry the second half of the book is significantly different than the film, and, in my opinion, better.

Comment

I am just waiting to replenish funds. It has been a very tough year. If A Simple Plan is available when I have the money I will definitely pull the trigger on this one. I enjoyed the movie however, I did think the book was better.

Comment

So after two and a half weeks of going back and forth, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the lettered edition! I can't wait to get this in my hands and waiting anxiously for The Ruins to be announced.

On a side note, this has already been one heck of a year for CD announcements. Twelve book deal with Bentley Little, six book deal with King, two awesome books coming from Scott Smith and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and a new Clegg book. All this and we're only a third of the way through the year! I'm so happy! And so poor...

Comment

On a side note, this has already been one heck of a year for CD announcements.
                                Yeah, I'm exhausted already!

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X