Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar

A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

A Simple Plan by Scott Smith
    Brand New Signed Limited Edition Hardcover Rolling At the Printer!
    Limited Edition and Deluxe Lettered Edition Will Ship This Summer!

This is the discussion thread for the A Simple Plan announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Member Part-timer
    I am in for a lettered version. I collect a few different genres of signed editions and this one fits in nicely. I had actually considered a signed first on this a few years back when the movie came out so interesting that CD signed Scott Smith even if he is not quite classic horror. Since we are branching out a bit, if you could please sign Cormac McCarthy...that'd be great

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I would not consider this a branch out for CD. It falls in line with other authors like Ed Gorman that CD has been publishing all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by bstee View Post
    I am in for a lettered version. I collect a few different genres of signed editions and this one fits in nicely. I had actually considered a signed first on this a few years back when the movie came out so interesting that CD signed Scott Smith even if he is not quite classic horror. Since we are branching out a bit, if you could please sign Cormac McCarthy...that'd be great

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I thinking branching out can only bring CD more fans from different genres, which makes for a healther CD, so bravo!!! Also, a great book is a great book, regardless of genre.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I would not consider this a branch out for CD. It falls in line with other authors like Ed Gorman that CD has been publishing all along.
    And they just announced a Gillian Flynn book, Gone Girl.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    I really like the cover art for this.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Cover is awesome. This is a book I have been meaning to read. I have read The Ruins and am excited about that one also.

This is a nice addition to the CD stable. I really enjoyed this book by Scott Smith. I am all for CD doing books that my seem out of genre and Yes please sign up Cormack McCarthy! That being said I did not care for The Ruins. I did not care for the human characters and was completely unsympathetic towards them (no reasons as to avoid spoilers for others who may enjoy it and it is strictly based on my opinion.)

And let me add I know several knowledgable friends who loved The Ruins. If I remember correctly Stephen King wrote a promotional piece about it. I do not want to turn people off a book based on my twisted opinion.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    We've checked on Cormac McCarthy in the past, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, unfortunately.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    That's to bad. He would be a great addition to the CD family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We've checked on Cormac McCarthy in the past, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, unfortunately.

Brian

I'd lick white dog poop if Cormac signed on but if I'm not mistaken he is by far the most recluse author presently.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I would probably put Thomas Harris in front of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    I'd lick white dog poop if Cormac signed on but if I'm not mistaken he is by far the most recluse author presently.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I would dearly LOVE a signed limited of Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Mike88's Avatar
    Thought i'd share these pics. Has anyone seen this before? I'm curious if this is rare or not.This is as close as I've seen of a Thomas Harris Ltd. It was a giveaway from Bantam Dell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Member Visitor

Thomas Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
    Thought i'd share these pics. Has anyone seen this before? I'm curious if this is rare or not.This is as close as I've seen of a Thomas Harris Ltd. It was a giveaway from Bantam Dell.
    There was a signed limited Hannibal Rising put out by Delacorte Press, bound differently (all black in black slipcase, tipped on signature page). No limitation number but supposed to be under 300 copies.

Pictures here: http://www.bookstellyouwhy.com/pages...imited-edition

Wish this guy would write more! (Same for Scott Smith)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Still trying to decide between editions. Really leaning toward the lettered edition. I love this book and The Ruins so having a matching lettered set would be awesome. The price is somewhat prohibitive. Or at least making me more conservative about the purchase.

I love the cover art! Is Glen Orbik going to be doing the cover for The Ruins as well? I've also noticed a recent trend of books being announced that are already at the printers or will be printed quickly (Carrie, Cannibal Sisters, and then A Simple Plan); is this just a coincidence or is this the beginning of a new trend at CD?

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Still trying to decide between editions. Really leaning toward the lettered edition. I love this book and The Ruins so having a matching lettered set would be awesome. The price is somewhat prohibitive. Or at least making me more conservative about the purchase.

I love the cover art! Is Glen Orbik going to be doing the cover for The Ruins as well? I've also noticed a recent trend of books being announced that are already at the printers or will be printed quickly (Carrie, Cannibal Sisters, and then A Simple Plan); is this just a coincidence or is this the beginning of a new trend at CD?
    Orbik did indeed paint both covers. They'll make an interesting set on the bookshelf, I think!

Every now and then we go through periods where we have a lot of books ready for the printer that haven't been announced yet, so we wait until they go to the printer to announce them since we're also busy catching up on some older titles that still need to be published. We find it's less stressful on everyone to just announce those new books when they're pretty close to being done.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

COOL ON THE Orbik covers. Looking forward to seeing the cover of The Ruins. As far as less stressful,my guess is Dan would disagree with you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Orbik did indeed paint both covers. They'll make an interesting set on the bookshelf, I think!

Every now and then we go through periods where we have a lot of books ready for the printer that haven't been announced yet, so we wait until they go to the printer to announce them since we're also busy catching up on some older titles that still need to be published. We find it's less stressful on everyone to just announce those new books when they're pretty close to being done.

Brian

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I'll be skipping this one, as I am not familiar with Smith's work. Man what a beautiful cover though!