X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian's big announcement on the 7th April 2014 contest

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman
    Hey gang!

I know this is a locked thread, but I wanted everyone who posted to get the notification of the winners of my unofficial contest. If I re-read everything right, here are the folks who hit close enough to be a winner by my vague sense of my own vague rules:

billstand
    Highbury
    mcdonaldj
    programmer
    RJK1981
    Pennynutter

And the winner of the most creative but very wrong guess is:

srboone

Those of you who are listed here, please email me at [email protected] with the subject line Carrie Contest Winner and I'll email you back about your prize options!

Thanks to everyone who entered. It was a lot of fun.

Best,
    Brian
    As the thread for the contest has now closed, I thought I would post this here...

I would like to offer my congratulations to everyone who won a prize in this contest and a special congratulations to Squire, whose Monthy Python entry was very entertaining and amusing...

But I would especially like to take this opportunity to thank Brian for organising this contest in the first place. I think I can speak for everyone here, when I say that the contest was immense fun and it added to the excitement as the announcement date drew nearer.

To that end, would it be possible to hold a similar contest during the next big announcement?

That way, I might be a bit more accurate with my entry too...

What does everybody else think? Would you want another contest in the future?
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

I will throw my guess out there right now and say that about six months after Carrie is released this summer they'll follow it up with 'Salem's Lot. I've done a lot of research and this is how I've come to my guess:

'Salem's Lot was the book published after Carrie

I think there'll be Gift, Artist and Lettered editions offered.
    I know it's completely outlandish that this would happen but I'd really like to see what the CD Crew would do with this awesome book.

Comment

Sorry but thats not detailed enough

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
        Agreed! Will they be making a TV movie with the guy from Starsky and Hutch too??? Hmmmm????

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Agreed! Will they be making a TV movie with the guy from Starsky and Hutch too??? Hmmmm????
          I predict there WILL BE a TV movie and that it'll star the blond Starsky & Hutch guy rather than the curly haired guy. They may as well make a book about the TV movie also but I doubt it'll be CD that produces it. I have a feeling it'll be a dude name Jerad.
          That really exhausted me, my precog abilities wear me out so I need to rest for a bit before I start work on the following Next Big Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
            I predict there WILL BE a TV movie and that it'll star the blond Starsky & Hutch guy rather than the curly haired guy. They may as well make a book about the TV movie also but I doubt it'll be CD that produces it. I have a feeling it'll be a dude name Jerad.
            That really exhausted me, my precog abilities wear me out so I need to rest for a bit before I start work on the following Next Big Thing.
            I'm getting a vision as well...something to do with Rob Lowe???

Comment

Oh and I predict that it will be directed by the guy who did The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Comment

I predict there WILL BE a TV movie and that it'll star the blond Starsky & Hutch guy rather than the curly haired guy.
                Owen Wilson as Ben Mears? I can't see that. Maybe Ben Stiller as Father Callahan....
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                  ...a special congratulations to Squire, whose Monthy Python entry was very entertaining and amusing...
                  Thanks, Tim. I went with the part of the contest where I felt I stood a good chance of coming out on top!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Oh, and instead of having some sparkly vampire, they'll do it right and have something that looks like Nosferatu.

And Fred Willard! You have to have Fred Willard. Every horror movie needs one of the best improv comedians of the age.

And the handyman should be an actor who played third banana to a second banana orangutan.

And James at 15.

Oh, and John McClane's wife.

And Captain Nemo.

And Baron Harkonnen.

And the guy that sang at the end of The Deer Hunter.

And Lew Ayres to add even more gravitas. Heck, he acted with Garbo!
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Sent Brian an e-mail when I saw that post shortly after he posted it. Haven't gotten a response yet, but am sure he's got a lot to deal with because of the recent announcement. Will shoot him a message here if I do
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

The contest, as impromptu as it was, was a blast, and thanks to Brian for throwing it together. I didn't win, but congratulations to all who did win something. I'd be curious to know what you all end up with.

Of course, I think contests like this for big announcements add to the excitement and fun of the big reveals too!

Comment

Congrats to this contests big winners! And thanks again Brian, I had a blast with the contest. I always love the hype before big announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                            X