No announcement yet.

Mike88's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, what an epic Stephen King collection, just love looking through it! I got a few questions for ya: Are most of the hardcovers first editions? In the second picture you uploaded today they're mostly repeats, but different bindings, are these the UK editions? Oddly missing is the Dark Tower series, not a fan? Last question what's the difference between the three different Under the Dome books?
    Last edited by Theli; 02-05-2015, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Very Nice collection!

Comment

Yes, Virtually all are 1sts. I am missing only Carrie and Night Shift. I have different cover books of Carrie, 'Salems Lot, The Shining, The Stand and Night Shift. The Tommyknockers are both 1sts. The gold and red lettered covers. Rose Madder UK editions have 2 different front pages. The 3 UK Doctor Sleep are all different as well. 1 with purple jacket exclusive to WH Smith. 1 with standard green jacket and 1 with green jacket which includes authors note from Stephen King exclusive to Waterstones.

The books with different bindings are all UK 1sts. As for the Dark Tower series. I keep them separate. I will post pics later. Under The Dome books, 1 has the white lettering on jacket, 1 has grey lettering and the 3rd is large print. I can only read large print and this one happened to be a 1st so I just put it on the shelf with the others.

Comment

Here's some pics of the book differences I was talking about.IMG_7872.jpgIMG_7871.jpgIMG_7870.jpg

Comment

Very cool, thanks man! I really dig the endpapers/front page of the alternate Rose Madder. Very classy. With a King collection like that I kinda figured you'd have the Dark Tower series stashed away somewhere!

Comment

Dark Tower Series plus graphic novels.IMG_7855.jpg IMG_7854.jpgIMG_7853.jpg

Comment

Very impressive! Thanks for snapping the shots, love the collection.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Mike.
                  Love your collection - especially The Dark Tower books.

sk

Comment

Very cool. Love the different covers.

Comment

Awesome collection, my good man!!!!
                      My Collection:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

One of the nicest King collections I've seen! Excellent!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Here are some more Stephen King books. These are mostly Limiteds.IMG_7905.jpg IMG_7907.jpg

Comment

Here's a few more.IMG_7901.jpgIMG_7899.jpg

Comment

Fantastic collection of limited editions. Which copy of Salem's Lot is that? Gift edition with traycase, or the signed edition? and what is that beside it?

I see a few of your books are still shrink wrapped, in my experience it's best to remove the shrink wrap, or at least cut the corners. The reason for this is because the shrink wrap will continue to contract and eventually crush the corners, this is especially noticeable with LPs but it also tends to affect books as well.

Comment

The 'Salem's Lot is the 1 of 600 Centipede Press. The traycase I bought from CD. I don't remember whether CD made the traycase and was limited to 100 copies or they received 100 copies elsewhere. It's HUGE. On the left side
                                of "Salem's Lot is My Pretty Pony and the other is Ned Dameron's art portfolio of The Waste Lands. I will post pics of the prints later. I usually do take the shrink off. Once they are on the shelf I tend to forget about it. That will be tended to. Thanks Theli. IMG_7911.jpgIMG_7913.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X