No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered mine, although a bit of questionable timing since I have Carrie 40th on pre-order already! And, Pet Semetery just had an anniversary edition as well...which I already have an extra of!! I will say this, if SK continues to bash Republicans I will take my evil money elsewhere!!!!

Comment

Brian, will The Stand use the text of the original release or the uncut release?

Comment

The gift editions are fine by me. As you said CD does a great job on them.
        Originally posted by Theli View Post
        I just can't see who wouldn't like this news. PS editions aren't signed by king either and they are just lovely. I can only ever afford the gift edition anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

The only strange things is that most of these books were just published or are being published soon in a limited edition format. That said it will be nice to get a lot of them in on uniform style and size. I still don't know if I will get Carrie, I already have PS's version on pre-order and I have another really nice book I have my eye on.

Comment

I love that Tabitha King wrote an afterword for this. And, of course, I had to get a numbered and a gift. But it does seem a little strange that PS already put out Pet Sematary (which will be included in this series) and is going to put out Night Shift as well. Not like that will stop me from getting them all. And to be able to get a limited and a gift for less than a signed King is pretty cool. Although it would be nice if he was signing these.

Thanks CD, for what will undoubtedly be an incredible collection. Looking forward to the other 5.

Comment

Awesome announcement Cemetery Dance!!!

Comment

IDK how I feel about another double-dip of The Shining given I just got SP's.

Comment

The art released is for the Gift Edition. I'd like to know what the Artist Edition art (which is different) looks like before ordering. Since there's no King signature, all I'm buying the book for is the edition/art. I like the Gift cover but if the other cover doesn't strike me I would rather have the Gift edition.

This stood out as well:
                Carrie Will Be a Collectible Limited ONE TIME PRINTING Featuring an Introduction by Stephen King, an Afterword by Tabitha King, Six Color Paintings by Tomislav Tikulin, and Special Bonus Features Exclusive to This Edition!
                And this:
                These special editions will feature exclusive bonus features such as introductions, afterwords, artwork, and even deleted material in some cases.
                Deleted material? Could Carrie contain the original version Tabitha saved from the trash bin? Could The Shining finally contain both Before and After the Play? Will The Stand be the original version? Will 'Salem's Lot have the added material from the Centipede Press version? Will Night Shift be expanded with additional stories? Will Pet Sematary have the story, The Return of Timmy Baterman included?

All things to ponder...

Comment

As disappointed as I was with the PS edition of Christine and Pet Semetary, I am overjoyed that CD will have an edition of Pet Semetary!!! Who wants to buy my PS edition???

Comment

As I have some of these in pb and do not have a lot of expendable cash, I will probably be selective in the ones I pick/order from this deal.

But regardless - congrats on this fantastic deal the folks at CD - and thanks to Brian for keeping us on our toes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      Yeah. It certainly wasn't everybody's cup of tea. Not signed and have to be ready every 6 months to get one? I still ordered the gift edition but I'm not very happy.
                      It's not a mandatory ordering after the first. Just wait for the ones you want and skip the rest if you so choose.

Comment

I had to skip "The Shining" special edition and passed on the PS editions of "Carrie" and "Pet Sematary" so I'm very excited for this project. Wish they could do versions signed by King, but I'll take Gift Editions.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

SO EXCITED! ORDERED! Debating on cancelling the PS publishing one now but since I have Pet Sem and Christine I don't think I will. VERY VERY EXCITED FOR THE STAND!!! OMG! I REALLY hope it is the original text. Not because I prefer it but because I have never been able to find a version to read! altho, I won't want to actually read these. AGHHHH So excited. I can't wait for summer to see this. Deluxe oversized editions are THE BEST!!!! I still pull down my IT 25th and look through it once in a while. OOOOOHHH What about Art Portfolio's like IT...Can we get those too? Sorry I am too excited....I'll shut up and go back to work now.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                            I had to skip "The Shining" special edition and passed on the PS editions of "Carrie" and "Pet Sematary" so I'm very excited for this project. Wish they could do versions signed by King, but I'll take Gift Editions.
                            Looks like you made the right decision, now you can get them all nice and uniform (though I must say Sub. Press' The Shining is amazing).

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Who wants to buy my PS edition???
                              Brad, I was thinking the same thing The CD editions will, I'm sure, be a lot nicer than the PS editions. That probably won't stop me buying the PS editions too, though.

Comment

Looks like the Lettered Edition is now sold out.

Comment

Working...
                                X