Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Horne View Post
    Any updates or predictions on when 'The Stand' will be released? Is it still on?
    Hi Jerry. I expect The Stand won't be officially announced to the general public until after Night Shift is published later this year, as that's how we've typically done it in the past. As far as the production schedule goes with that, I'm not 100% sure on where it falls in line, but because of the delays on Night Shift it is much further along in the process than the next book in line would typically be at this point.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Night Shift, one of my favorites!

Comment

In hindsight I wish I would have jumped on this. It is one of my favorites as well.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        I'm really looking forward to Night Shift, one of my favorites!
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          In hindsight I wish I would have jumped on this. It is one of my favorites as well.
          I'm sure we'll have some extra gift editions once it's out.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Hi Jerry. I expect The Stand won't be officially announced to the general public until after Night Shift is published later this year, as that's how we've typically done it in the past. As far as the production schedule goes with that, I'm not 100% sure on where it falls in line, but because of the delays on Night Shift it is much further along in the process than the next book in line would typically be at this point.
            Thanks Dan! I'll keep an eye out!

Comment

So glad I ordered the full set when it was first announced. Really looking for Night Shift and remaining two titles. This one got stuck at the half way point due to conditions beyond anyone's control. Nice to see some movement!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                So glad I ordered the full set when it was first announced. Really looking for Night Shift and remaining two titles. This one got stuck at the half way point due to conditions beyond anyone's control. Nice to see some movement!
                I don’t know why I thought (erroneously) at the time of the PS edition that CHRISTINE would be part of this CD set, and that I’d wait for the CD edition. I really regret passing on the PS edition, given that I’ll never opt for the (much more expensive) Grant volume. I really screwed up on that one.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I don’t know why I thought (erroneously) at the time of the PS edition that CHRISTINE would be part of this CD set, and that I’d wait for the CD edition. I really regret passing on the PS edition, given that I’ll never opt for the (much more expensive) Grant volume. I really screwed up on that one.
                  Skeleton Crew was the only PS edition I have ordered. Just do not care for their books that much. I have had small pangs of regret over not getting The Stand but the retail was more than I felt it was worth so I am satisfied with my decision.

Comment

I just would like a nice deluxe copy of each of the classic King novels, of which, to my mind, CHRISTINE is one. I guess CHRISTINE joins FIRESTARTER (Phantasia Press) as ones I’ll likely never have.
                    Last edited by RonClinton; 03-28-2020, 06:49 AM.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have been pretty happy with the PS books I have purchased. My sole issue was with the Esselmont Malazan Empire books, once you wrapped them with a Brodart cover, you had to wrestle them in and out of the slipcases. The only King I ordered from them was Salems Lot, mostly because it is my favorite King book, but also the idea of breaking the book into three separate volumes intrigued me. I thought hey did a good job with it. I have ordered a few interesting titles from them lately, I have a copy of Gaslight, Ghosts & Ghouls: A Centenary Celebration R. Chetwynd-Hayes on the way from Camelot. Another book of theirs I really liked was the Charles grant Collection, Scream Quietly - A Collection of Charles L. Grant. Speaking of Grant, I'm very excited that Centipede Press is going to come out a collection of his work at some point. Have a great weekend and don't cough on anybody!!

Comment

I passed on the full set because I just don't like Carrie that much. Crazy, I know, but there it is. I've been getting Gift editions of the ones I want from Camelot without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          I passed on the full set because I just don't like Carrie that much. Crazy, I know, but there it is. I've been getting Gift editions of the ones I want from Camelot without any problems.
                          If you did not want them all that is probably the correct way to go. I went with the full set of the Artist Edition. If I am remembering correctly by paying for the full set up front each book had the same retail as Carrie. I think by the time all is delivered I will have achieved some good savings. Better yet I do not have to worry about getting in when the next book is announced.

Comment

If you did not want them all that is probably the correct way to go. I went with the full set of the Artist Edition. If I am remembering correctly by paying for the full set up front each book had the same retail as Carrie. I think by the time all is delivered I will have achieved some good savings. Better yet I do not have to worry about getting in when the next book is announced.
                            That's what I did as well. Don't regret it at all. You're right about the savings. It's going to be probably a couple hundred dollars at least.

Comment

I love these editions. I wish I hopped on at first, though. I'm filling in my collection as we speak. They are beautiful books. =)

Comment

deleted....

sk
                                Last edited by frik51; 01-22-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X