No announcement yet.

Our Favorite Publishers, Their best Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will start with Deadite Press not really a small press but great writers and great covers. Hard to choose 3 but here are 3 examples of the cover work.DSC02799.jpgDSC02800.jpgDSC02801.jpg

Comment

That is some spectacularly gory art!

Comment

I'll say! LOL!!! Interesting stuff.
        MDH

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

My meagre Gauntlet Press collection. Absolutely love Matheson's Bloodlines, wish I'd grabbed a slipcase for it when it was available. I'd like to add a couple more to this collection. I have yet to read Psycho, kind of an understated edition, but I dig it.
          Ever notice the title on the spine on the dj of BLOOD LINES is flopped the wrong way? An otherwise great-looking book, though.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Three of my favorite Gauntlet press titles, by one of my favorite authors. Sometimes I just feel lucky to have found the books I've discovered and to be able to own them, well that's icing on the cake. I really prefer pie, but I'm sure you know what I mean. LOL!! The October Country: the 40th Anniversary Edition. Ray Bradbury. slipcased Something Wicked this Way Comes. Ray Bradbury. Dark Carnival. Ray Bradbury.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]14920[/ATTACH]
            Love this collection, especially Something Wicked...

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

Sub. Press next. This one turned out really blurry, but I think you can maek them out. I'm a huge fan of both The Shining and NOS4A2 (another one I wish I'd gotten the slipcase for), and the art inside is fantastic. Necroscope I haven't read yet, but was pleasantly surpsided to find it filled with colour art, I hadn't realized that when I bought it, beautiful edition.

I really wish they would have continued with the Necroscope books.

Comment

My babies...
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Sweet!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

SubPress is really tough to beat. It's still a business, the idea of selling high-quality low-print runs to people, but this particular business has the added element of love from both the seller and buyer instead of just the buyer. I can't imagine anyone at Cemetery Dance having a take-it-or-leave-it attitude about books, but when you start dealing with larger companies the love dissipates. Or at least it's harder to spot. Not so with these guys.

So SubPress, Cemetery, Centipede, Earthling, Gauntlet, Bad Moon, PS, Dark Regions, Dark Harvest, and all the rest I'm forgetting or have yet to read, we salute you.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very nice!!!
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

I LOVE the LRB edition of Dark Forces!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X