This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cemetery Dance Publications Announcement Scheduled For April 7, 2014

There is a big Cemetery Dance Publications announcement coming on April 7, 2014. This will probably be one of our most important projects in a very long time. We can't share any specific details, but anyone who is interested can sign-up to be notified when the news goes live:

http://cemeterydance.com/April72014/

Best,
    Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

I'm signed up!!!

Comment

Will the CDCC receive any advance notification on this one?

Comment

I'm curious about Martin's question too! and I'm signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Will the CDCC receive any advance notification on this one?
          The morning of, by a little bit. This is one of those announcements where we can't really tell anyone ahead of time due to contractual obligations about coordinating the announcement, but the CDCC will be the first email we send out, so they'll be notified before the big list of 30,000 people starts (which takes 2 hours to send completely!) and before we post on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Signed up! Any good guesses what this might be? I'm still going with Let the Right One In, I hope so.

Comment

If I sign up twice can I expect to receive the notice twice as early as everyone else?
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I hope it's Revival.

Comment

The sparrows are flying again...

the_sparrows_are_flying_again.jpg
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

"coordinating the announcement".....hhhhmmmmm........

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                      The sparrows are flying again...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14872[/ATTACH]
                      A nice 25th anniversary edition perhaps???

Comment

Just a thought but the fire in the teaser pic could be placed deliberately. A super deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition of Firestarter could be published in 2015...
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                          Just a thought but the fire in the teaser pic could be placed deliberately. A super deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition of Firestarter could be published in 2015...
                          Good point. If that`s the case, I will probably skip. Got enough King on pre-order for now.

Comment

Not sure what to think. All i know is I have to figure out how to get some funds just in case!

Comment

I have just had an idea about this...

Stephen King once said that he would like Firestarter to be adapted into a comic book. Thinking outside of the box here, what if CD were to produce a super deluxe 35th Anniversary Graphic Novel edition of Firestarter with someone like Bernie Wrightson doing the artwork.

Brian stated that the upcoming announcement "will probably be one of our most important projects in a very long time." A graphic novel adaptation of Firestarter would be similar to the awesome Secretary of Dreams in style (the last edition being published in 2010), so this would fit with Brian's statement about being one of the most important projects in a very long time. A regular Stephen king novel announcement - although BIG news in itself, would not match with Brian's "in a very long time" statement considering Doctor Sleep was published only last fall.

The Secretary of Dreams was a massive 9 x 12, so producing a graphic novel adaptation of Firestarter in the same size format would also fit with the teaser statement of there being "a Big Cemetery Dance announcement coming"...

However, If the sparrows are flying again, it has been 3 years since the last Stephen King 25th Anniversary Edition was published...

Is 3 years long enough to be considered "a very long time"?

Although I think it could be a toss up between Firestarter and The Dark Half, it's more likely to be Firestarter for the reasons mentioned above and my previous post about the fire in the teaser pic.
                              Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-19-2014, 10:05 PM.
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                              X