No announcement yet.

Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys know I don't come on here to really try to sell you anything, but if you've ever considered ordering one of our custom-made slipcases for the US edition of a new SK book, REVIVAL might be the one to try. The stamping copy from our designer is *amazing* and the covering material we want to use plays off the cover REALLY well. We're also really close to having enough orders to upgrade the slipcase to two color hot foil stamping instead of one, which would look sharp on this covering material. These slipcases will be ready to ship in about 12 to 14 weeks and you do NOT need to order the book from us:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_cases038

Give it some thought if you're on the fence. I'm placing the final order on FRIDAY, and I think this will be a real stunner!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      You guys know I don't come on here to really try to sell you anything, but if you've ever considered ordering one of our custom-made slipcases for the US edition of a new SK book, REVIVAL might be the one to try.
      I'll second that. If I remember correctly, CD started producing slipcases for mass market editions with Just After Sunset, which is the only one I don't have. I bought every slipcase since, and they are great value for money.

Brian, I don't suppose you have an old Just After Sunset slipcase lying around that I could buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        I'll second that. If I remember correctly, CD started producing slipcases for mass market editions with Just After Sunset, which is the only one I don't have. I bought every slipcase since, and they are great value for money.

Brian, I don't suppose you have an old Just After Sunset slipcase lying around that I could buy?
        The only slipcase I've seen for JAS is this one that The Overlook Connection did (actual picture of it is halfway down the page with a big mouthed monster on the front of it)

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...ly-p-2621.html

I own that one and really like it a lot, If CD did one for JAS I would be very interested to see what it looks like because I do much prefer CD's Duma Key slipcase to the Overlook Connection's case

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          The only slipcase I've seen for JAS is this one that The Overlook Connection did (actual picture of it is halfway down the page with a big mouthed monster on the front of it)

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...ly-p-2621.html

I own that one and really like it a lot, If CD did one for JAS I would be very interested to see what it looks like because I do much prefer CD's Duma Key slipcase to the Overlook Connection's case
          No, you're right, it was actually Duma Key that I was thinking of...that's the one I don't have. I wasn't home to check when I wrote that, and for some reason I had JAS on my mind.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              No, you're right, it was actually Duma Key that I was thinking of...that's the one I don't have. I wasn't home to check when I wrote that, and for some reason I had JAS on my mind.
              The Duma Key slipcase is my favorite so far, maybe CD will do one for JAS after this exchange

Comment

Originally posted by Jay127 View Post
                I have a signed copy from the NYC event, and the back of my dust jacket references a teenager browsing grahic novels at "Barnes and noble". I have learned that other djs say simply "bookstore". Does anyone have any info on the 2 versions and whether 1 is rarer than the other?
                The ones sold at Barnes & Noble have the "Barnes & Noble" on the back. The copies sold elsewhere have "bookstore" on them. Scarcity would depend on the percentage sold at B&N compared to the others.

John

Comment

Double post.

John

Comment

Has anyone besides me finished reading Revival?? Do you think it lived up to the description as being "on its way to the most terrifying conclusion Stephen King has ever written"?
                    " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                    - Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
                      Has anyone besides me finished reading Revival?? Do you think it lived up to the description as being "on its way to the most terrifying conclusion Stephen King has ever written"?
                      I finished it last night and gotta say I was quite disappointed.

Comment

I am about 2/3 of the way through it. I am really enjoying it so far. Nothing too "out there" yet. I am laughing kind of at certain happenings, but I don't really want to post what, as I don't want to have any spoilers for anyone not as far as me.

Comment

Yes this just gets better.At least for me. A great book.Hope it continues that way.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer View Post
                            I finished it last night and gotta say I was quite disappointed.
                            I was also not that impressed.

Like I said on the Dark Tower forums, the book might have the best opening Stephen King has ever written. I was enamored for the first 50-60 pages. I felt like the book had a lot of potential. But things fell off quickly, and the story rambled at numerous points. The end was billed as "the most terrifying conclusion Stephen King has ever written," but that isn't even close to true. I found the ending absurd, not terrifying. At the risk of giving away a spoiler (avert your eyes!), the explanation for why Jamie Morton had to be at mountaintop was unsatisfying. And King's "Lovecraftian" ending mixed with his homage to Mary Shelley just didn't do it for me. It felt rushed, underdeveloped, and very B-horror movie. It seemed like the sort of crap Dan Brown puts (a name that was even mentioned in the story).

The middle of the book did have some interesting commentary on getting old. And, like I said, the beginning was excellent. But the ending just didn't do it for me.

Comment

I'm about 2/3 through Revival. It's funny that I read the book as if told by the fictional main character, Jamie, but there are times when I feel like King is the one narrating the story, like he's making a pitch for Apple's goods. Has anyone else felt this way? Same thing when reading Joyland and he said something about Dick Cheyne. It just distracts me for a second as I think that's King throwing a personal opinion jab or plug into the narrative.

Comment

subie: I don't really get the feeling of plugging a product, etc. I think personal opinion on certain things are probably there, but that's the case with a lot of writers (esp sci-fi at times - see Arthur C Clarke).

Comment

Working...
                                X