No announcement yet.

Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. There was no effort put into this. It could have had a beautiful cover, even a simple one like Mr. Mercedes would have worked. But cheap photoshop art and uninspired font is unacceptable. It looks like some random exec spent an hour to bang up the cover art instead of paying an artist.
    Last edited by Theli; 03-10-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hopefully there will be a limited edition for this book with a different cover.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Night Shift had a crappy cover, but I still liked it...

Comment

I won't judge a book by it's cover, but this one stinks. As marketing goes, without the "Stephen King" on it, I wouldn't take it off the shelf to check it out. Maybe if the title had something to do with storms...
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            The first edition of Night Shift that I read was the paperback with the bandaged hand with the eyes (for "I am the Doorway"). That cover was excellent.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              The first edition of Night Shift that I read was the paperback with the bandaged hand with the eyes (for "I am the Doorway"). That cover was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                I remember and love that cover too. I meant the original hardback cover which was close enough to a brown bag cover as to make no difference.

Comment

Hans took some shit over posting the similarities between those covers. It was ridiculous. People bitching saying not to judge a book by its cover which he wasn't doing just stating what everyone else here is saying. One guy got really made and said he wouldn't follow his page anymore. Some people are nuts. Also, I hate this cover as well. Lets hope we get a good signed limited(Or even Gift ed) out there from a publisher who cares *Cough*CD*Cough**.

Comment

Can't say the book will suck, but the cover sure does.

Comment

Interesting. I actually like the cover, a bit plain but I don't really think there's anything wrong with that.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Plain is ok but it really does look too much like The Stand. I also find lightening bolts kind of tacky on books and other kinds of covers. It screams lazy and hey look at this when It doesn't need that.

Comment

I still have that! My favorite King collection, one that inspired me into my own writing career. I owe SK and that book so much.

Comment

I just finished my Advance Copy of Revival. This has to be the darkest story King has written. The ending is so nasty I truthfully don't know if I'm going to reread this for a long, long time.

John

Comment

John if you send it to me I'll have it back to you by the time you want to re-read.

Dark sounds good. Darkest ever sounds good. So dark that you don't want to re-read for a long while sounds quite ominous, perhaps even a little unpleasant. Did you enjoy the story?
                              Last edited by bugen; 08-09-2014, 11:44 PM.
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                Dark sounds good. Darkest ever sounds good. So dark that you don't want to re-read for a long while sounds quite ominous, perhaps even a little unpleasant. Did you enjoy the story?
                                A fair question. I did enjoy the book as a whole; it was just the ending that really hit me. Most of the characters I liked (King is especially prone to writing sympathetic characters). There are a few references to other King works, just as he is also prone to do.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X