Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The forum software was probably just agreeing with you!
    Best explanation I've heard yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      A few minutes ago PS Publishing announced they're accepting orders for Stephen King's Revival, a 500 run slipcased limited edition by Hodder & Stoughton. They've got 50 copies for sale at £120.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/reviva...ing-2507-p.asp
      Wow. Nice looking, but definitely not worth the price to me!
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Hey Brian, Dan, or anyone else that would like to chime in. I went to the Stephen King event in D.C on Wednesday and had a blast! The guy is really over the top with wit and humility. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get a signed book but I did buy one from someone there. Anyway, I've been looking on the aftermarket for a signed one for my nephew and came across this listing. Does it look legit? I just got a different feel from this. wrong pen and signed in the wrong spot, please chime in

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item1c492fe599
        " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
        - Cicero

Comment

Every signature of his I've seen is neater. I've notice his sig tends to get more narrow as he writes than sloppy like that. I don' t know.....
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finally I will be reading g a Stephen King book right after I get it. I am still several behind but plan on starting this tonight after I drop my oldest off for a camping trip and then introduce my other 2 kids to Stand by Me. The eldest and I have seen it already and he watched it again in his short story class at school.

Comment

I'm starting Revival as soon as I finish the new Preston/Child.

Comment

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
                Hey Brian, Dan, or anyone else that would like to chime in. I went to the Stephen King event in D.C on Wednesday and had a blast! The guy is really over the top with wit and humility. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get a signed book but I did buy one from someone there. Anyway, I've been looking on the aftermarket for a signed one for my nephew and came across this listing. Does it look legit? I just got a different feel from this. wrong pen and signed in the wrong spot, please chime in

Probably okay.

John

Comment

Originally posted by pennynutter

DO NOT BUY THAT BOOK. I was at the Kansas City event and got a signed book. It is signed in the wrong place, and Rainy Day Books's books didn't have that sticker on the front.

Comment

That sticker is a Barnes & Noble sticker. I removed the ones from the Revivals that I bought.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                      That sticker is a Barnes & Noble sticker. I removed the ones from the Revivals that I bought.

John
                      Exactly. I can't believe they put that on eBay with a B&N sticker when the KC event was done by an independent bookstore.

Comment

I'm not saying it is real or not, but I think it said it was signed before the event. Again, I have no idea if it is real or not.

Comment

I have a signed copy from the NYC event, and the back of my dust jacket references a teenager browsing grahic novels at "Barnes and noble". I have learned that other djs say simply "bookstore". Does anyone have any info on the 2 versions and whether 1 is rarer than the other?

Comment

Interesting, my copy states "The teenager browsing graphic novels at the bookstore" on the back cover but the text in the book that it is quoting is "The teenager browsing graphic novels at the Barnes & Noble". I wonder if some booksellers complained about a competitor being named on the dust jacket.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Originally posted by Jay127 View Post
                            I have a signed copy from the NYC event, and the back of my dust jacket references a teenager browsing grahic novels at "Barnes and noble". I have learned that other djs say simply "bookstore". Does anyone have any info on the 2 versions and whether 1 is rarer than the other?

Comment

I'll have to check mine out also!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay127 View Post
                                Really interesting question! Our copies say "bookstore" on the back cover.

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X