Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revival

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Check it out here - http://stephenking.com/promo/revival/book-tour/

I'm not sure if the 3pm they refer to is today, but I guess I'll check back later and see.

From the site - A limited amount of wristbands will be distributed with purchase of one copy of Revival to attend signing on 11/11. The store will open at 9 AM for this event instead of the usual 10 AM opening. The book signing will begin at noon on November 11th.

More Information (Event info to be added at 3pm EST.)

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed pennynutter's Avatar
    The New York City event is first come, first grabs for a wristband. The store employees had no idea of the book signing and was finding out their information as we were. So if I leave Virginia at 5 p.m. and it takes about 5 hours to get there not including pit stops and wrong turns; I guesstimate I will be in line around midnight. I don't know if this country girl can handle camping out on the streets of Manhattan.
    " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
    - Cicero

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I didn't try for tickets to the KC event. I joined CDCC5 instead. As much as I wanted to see King, I had to make a choice and since I'd already seen him in Dallas....
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

I'm debating the whole NYC thing. I could take the train up there and camp out, but it'll be a long night! I think I'd need a line buddy too, otherwise bathroom breaks would be a problem. Still, it would be cool to see him in person.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I'm heading to the one in KC. Here's to hoping for a signed copy...

I am also considering the NYC signing, and thinking about taking Amtrak from Manassas, VA to Penn Station. I was just wondering how long the signing will last if it starts at noon as the only train back departs at 2:15. The time constraint concerns me. So far I have only got a no answer from people when I ask them if they wanted to go to New York City and camp out on the sidewalk. They all think I'm weird.
    - Cicero

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Hopefully you will find another weird person to join you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pennynutter View Post
    I am also considering the NYC signing, and thinking about taking Amtrak from Manassas, VA to Penn Station. I was just wondering how long the signing will last if it starts at noon as the only train back departs at 2:15. The time constraint concerns me. So far I have only got a no answer from people when I ask them if they wanted to go to New York City and camp out on the sidewalk. They all think I'm weird.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I myself like the American cover. I like the color scheme and the simplicity. One of the covers I did not like at all is the one for "Insomnia." The white/red color scheme was not good on that one at all (to me, anyway; I hope it worked for others).

I do agree, though, that it's too bad King doesn't get the kind of covers he used to get in the days before "Insomnia." "IT" has an impressive cover. I also adore the cover for "Four Past Midnight" -- the blue tones are quite attractive. "Needful Things" is stunning, but perhaps the best is the one for "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" -- that cover told a story.

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    A few minutes ago PS Publishing announced they're accepting orders for Stephen King's Revival, a 500 run slipcased limited edition by Hodder & Stoughton. They've got 50 copies for sale at £120.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/reviva...ing-2507-p.asp
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

That's...quite a markup for a slipcase and a guitar pick.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    That's...quite a markup for a slipcase and a guitar pick.
    I agree, If I want one I will wait a year or two when the prices usually come way down for these, I believe someone has said that the pick is indeed real silver

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    I'm sticking with my slipcased copy from CD, but love the classy look of this one. They're still for sale and didn't immediately move like I thought they might.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Oh, no doubt that's a slick looking set, but the markup is just absurd. Obviously the higher-quality materials, slipcase, and pick are worth an extra charge, I just don't think they're worth $160 (roughly the price difference between this and a trade copy, in USD). Even if the the pick is pure silver, that metal is only at somewhere around $15 an ounce right now, and there's no way there's an ounce of silver in that thing. And don't get me started on advertising the facsimile signature as a feature that is somehow worth paying anything extra for...

I think 60 or even 75 pounds would have been a much more reasonable price for what a buyer is getting.

Edit: why did this double-post?

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    The forum software was probably just agreeing with you!
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Good question. I really have no idea, the forum does that sometime and I haven't been able to find any reasonable explaination anywhere on the web. It actually did it to Brian's response to your post. I would assume it has something to do with load on the database or something along those lines. Something that just makes the system hiccup or something.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The forum software was probably just agreeing with you!
    Best explanation I've heard yet.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    A few minutes ago PS Publishing announced they're accepting orders for Stephen King's Revival, a 500 run slipcased limited edition by Hodder & Stoughton. They've got 50 copies for sale at £120.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/reviva...ing-2507-p.asp
    Wow. Nice looking, but definitely not worth the price to me!
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Hey Brian, Dan, or anyone else that would like to chime in. I went to the Stephen King event in D.C on Wednesday and had a blast! The guy is really over the top with wit and humility. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get a signed book but I did buy one from someone there. Anyway, I've been looking on the aftermarket for a signed one for my nephew and came across this listing. Does it look legit? I just got a different feel from this. wrong pen and signed in the wrong spot, please chime in

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item1c492fe599
    - Cicero

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Every signature of his I've seen is neater. I've notice his sig tends to get more narrow as he writes than sloppy like that. I don' t know.....
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Finally I will be reading g a Stephen King book right after I get it. I am still several behind but plan on starting this tonight after I drop my oldest off for a camping trip and then introduce my other 2 kids to Stand by Me. The eldest and I have seen it already and he watched it again in his short story class at school.