Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check it out here - http://stephenking.com/promo/revival/book-tour/

I'm not sure if the 3pm they refer to is today, but I guess I'll check back later and see.

From the site - A limited amount of wristbands will be distributed with purchase of one copy of Revival to attend signing on 11/11. The store will open at 9 AM for this event instead of the usual 10 AM opening. The book signing will begin at noon on November 11th.

More Information (Event info to be added at 3pm EST.)

Comment

The New York City event is first come, first grabs for a wristband. The store employees had no idea of the book signing and was finding out their information as we were. So if I leave Virginia at 5 p.m. and it takes about 5 hours to get there not including pit stops and wrong turns; I guesstimate I will be in line around midnight. I don't know if this country girl can handle camping out on the streets of Manhattan.
      " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
      - Cicero

Comment

I didn't try for tickets to the KC event. I joined CDCC5 instead. As much as I wanted to see King, I had to make a choice and since I'd already seen him in Dallas....
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm debating the whole NYC thing. I could take the train up there and camp out, but it'll be a long night! I think I'd need a line buddy too, otherwise bathroom breaks would be a problem. Still, it would be cool to see him in person.

Comment

I'm heading to the one in KC. Here's to hoping for a signed copy...

Comment

I am also considering the NYC signing, and thinking about taking Amtrak from Manassas, VA to Penn Station. I was just wondering how long the signing will last if it starts at noon as the only train back departs at 2:15. The time constraint concerns me. So far I have only got a no answer from people when I ask them if they wanted to go to New York City and camp out on the sidewalk. They all think I'm weird.
              " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
              - Cicero

Comment

Hopefully you will find another weird person to join you.
                Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
                I am also considering the NYC signing, and thinking about taking Amtrak from Manassas, VA to Penn Station. I was just wondering how long the signing will last if it starts at noon as the only train back departs at 2:15. The time constraint concerns me. So far I have only got a no answer from people when I ask them if they wanted to go to New York City and camp out on the sidewalk. They all think I'm weird.

Comment

I myself like the American cover. I like the color scheme and the simplicity. One of the covers I did not like at all is the one for "Insomnia." The white/red color scheme was not good on that one at all (to me, anyway; I hope it worked for others).

I do agree, though, that it's too bad King doesn't get the kind of covers he used to get in the days before "Insomnia." "IT" has an impressive cover. I also adore the cover for "Four Past Midnight" -- the blue tones are quite attractive. "Needful Things" is stunning, but perhaps the best is the one for "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" -- that cover told a story.

Comment

A few minutes ago PS Publishing announced they're accepting orders for Stephen King's Revival, a 500 run slipcased limited edition by Hodder & Stoughton. They've got 50 copies for sale at £120.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/reviva...ing-2507-p.asp
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

That's...quite a markup for a slipcase and a guitar pick.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        That's...quite a markup for a slipcase and a guitar pick.
                        I agree, If I want one I will wait a year or two when the prices usually come way down for these, I believe someone has said that the pick is indeed real silver

Comment

I'm sticking with my slipcased copy from CD, but love the classy look of this one. They're still for sale and didn't immediately move like I thought they might.
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Oh, no doubt that's a slick looking set, but the markup is just absurd. Obviously the higher-quality materials, slipcase, and pick are worth an extra charge, I just don't think they're worth $160 (roughly the price difference between this and a trade copy, in USD). Even if the the pick is pure silver, that metal is only at somewhere around $15 an ounce right now, and there's no way there's an ounce of silver in that thing. And don't get me started on advertising the facsimile signature as a feature that is somehow worth paying anything extra for...

I think 60 or even 75 pounds would have been a much more reasonable price for what a buyer is getting.

Edit: why did this double-post?

Comment

The forum software was probably just agreeing with you!
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Good question. I really have no idea, the forum does that sometime and I haven't been able to find any reasonable explaination anywhere on the web. It actually did it to Brian's response to your post. I would assume it has something to do with load on the database or something along those lines. Something that just makes the system hiccup or something.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X