No announcement yet.

Carrie--PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really want to see what PS plans are for the oversized edition.

Comment

PS just announced the price for the Carrie special edition.... It’ll be £2,595 (currently around $4,295) post- and insurance-free.

Comment

Way too rich for me.

John

Comment

Wow! That's like smoke crack expensive.

Comment

Hmmm.....A lettered Carrie? or 286.3333333 movies?
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I hope that price includes King spending the weekend at my house and signing the book personally. Are you sure the decimal point isn't off by one position?
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

And you know this because...........I was wondering how much I could sell the kids for but then me and the lettered edition would be sleeping on the street. Gift edition is most definitely enough. I can get a good used car for that.
                Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                Wow! That's like smoke crack expensive.

Comment

I'm all for nice beautiful books, but you can go too far with the pricing.

Comment

This was surprising to me as well. I think if PS is trying to make a version than is inarguably, incontrovertibly, indubitably but not inexpensively the best version that's ever been or ever will be made - they've got a great shot at it right here.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Wow that's a bit much. It better have gold borders.

Comment

I posted this on the Dark Tower forum earlier, but I think I will post it here too...

It is expensive, but considering that this will be only edition of Carrie ever to be signed by Stephen King and limited to only 26 copies - it was never going to be cheap.

A book is only ever overpriced if the quality of production doesn't match the price tag. Considering the awesome description and the amount of extras this edition of Carrie has, I think the $4295 price tag is about right for such an obviously rare and stunning volume. It will be a classic example of "you get what you pay for!"

I own several books from both PS Publishing and CD and I have never once thought that their books were overpriced. I have total faith in both publishers releasing high end lettered editions of awesome quality.
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

I think I deleted your double post at the same time as you... whoops. I fixed it though.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I think I deleted your double post at the same time as you... whoops. I fixed it though.
                            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Wow that's a bit much. It better have gold borders.
                              I think it actually does...

An excerpt from today's newsletter from PS Publishing:
                              Having perused all of the options (and there were a lot of options) we’ve gone for the best state in everything, including real gold foil blocking, 3000-micron boards covered in Wildman & Bugby leather, and a special box-style traycase that’s just a step or two up on the magnetized variant . . . plus a whole heap of other bits’n’pieces like to set you humming.
                              - Stephen King

Comment

LOL! these double posts are getting a bit of a regular occurrence for me now. I am now having to delete the duplicate every time I post something on this thread...
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X