Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrie--PS Publishing

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I really want to see what PS plans are for the oversized edition.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    PS just announced the price for the Carrie special edition.... It’ll be £2,595 (currently around $4,295) post- and insurance-free.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Way too rich for me.

John

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Wow! That's like smoke crack expensive.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Hmmm.....A lettered Carrie? or 286.3333333 movies?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    I hope that price includes King spending the weekend at my house and signing the book personally. Are you sure the decimal point isn't off by one position?
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    And you know this because...........I was wondering how much I could sell the kids for but then me and the lettered edition would be sleeping on the street. Gift edition is most definitely enough. I can get a good used car for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Wow! That's like smoke crack expensive.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I'm all for nice beautiful books, but you can go too far with the pricing.

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    This was surprising to me as well. I think if PS is trying to make a version than is inarguably, incontrovertibly, indubitably but not inexpensively the best version that's ever been or ever will be made - they've got a great shot at it right here.

Wow that's a bit much. It better have gold borders.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    I posted this on the Dark Tower forum earlier, but I think I will post it here too...

It is expensive, but considering that this will be only edition of Carrie ever to be signed by Stephen King and limited to only 26 copies - it was never going to be cheap.

A book is only ever overpriced if the quality of production doesn't match the price tag. Considering the awesome description and the amount of extras this edition of Carrie has, I think the $4295 price tag is about right for such an obviously rare and stunning volume. It will be a classic example of "you get what you pay for!"

I own several books from both PS Publishing and CD and I have never once thought that their books were overpriced. I have total faith in both publishers releasing high end lettered editions of awesome quality.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I think I deleted your double post at the same time as you... whoops. I fixed it though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I think I deleted your double post at the same time as you... whoops. I fixed it though.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Wow that's a bit much. It better have gold borders.
    I think it actually does...

An excerpt from today's newsletter from PS Publishing:
    Having perused all of the options (and there were a lot of options) weíve gone for the best state in everything, including real gold foil blocking, 3000-micron boards covered in Wildman & Bugby leather, and a special box-style traycase thatís just a step or two up on the magnetized variant . . . plus a whole heap of other bitsínípieces like to set you humming.
    - Stephen King

LOL! these double posts are getting a bit of a regular occurrence for me now. I am now having to delete the duplicate every time I post something on this thread...
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (though I got it from Civilization 4).

I have made several purchases that could easily been seen as a mistake when retrospectively thinking along the lines of, "I overpaid, it's not worth that''. Usually this line of thinking centers around what other people would think about the value, but I get a sense of relief when I bring it back to myself - "what do I think it's worth?", or better, "what is it worth to me?" Bringing it back around like this has saved at least a part of my sanity.

Of Mr. King's hardcore fans, do 26 of them have this kind of scratch? Yep, it just stings a little to be priced out myself having loved this book so much.

Its priced terribly high but there will easily be 26 crazy addicts that have the deep pockets or lines of credit to obtain it. So price is fine. My wife would do worse things to me than what Carrie did to classmates if I told her I bought this.

I do admit I am shocked Steve agreed to it, didn't think there was a remote chance he would go for it.

**what is with my post doubling? System glitch?**

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I think it actually does...

An excerpt from today's newsletter from PS Publishing:
    Bwahahaha! That's awesome! With a tag like that I am sure PS will pull out all the stops. Is it within your book budget, Tim? I know you said you'd been stashing cash for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    Its priced terribly high but there will easily be 26 crazy addicts that have the deep pockets or lines of credit to obtain it. So price is fine. My wife would do worse things to me than what Carrie did to classmates if I told her I bought this.

I do admit I am shocked Steve agreed to it, didn't think there was a remote chance he would go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Bwahahaha! That's awesome! With a tag like that I am sure PS will pull out all the stops. Is it within your book budget, Tim? I know you said you'd been stashing cash for this one.
    LOL! I would love to get this, but with my wife checking our bank statements with the hawk eyed interest of an IRS investigator, I am in the same predicament as Highbury. If my wife knew I had bought this, she would would also provide an 'audience participation' rendition of Carrie, as my nether regions get fed through a meat grinder.

With the amount of money I have already spent on books, my nuts are on borrowed time as it is...

My only hope is somehow winning the lottery, before the order page for this book is uploaded. Anyone know what next week's numbers will be?
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 05-24-2014 at 09:28 AM.
    - Stephen King

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I think it is a rather ridiculous price for a book. I'm sure that it is going to be gorgeous and will become a holy grail for King collectors but there's no way I'd ever spend that much on a book. Though with that being said, I'm obviously not the market this book is being made for. I can appreciate what PS is doing and definitely wish them the best of luck.