Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrie--PS Publishing

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Good man!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    I didn't read ALL the comments in here but some people mentioned not getting emailed from PS. Mine were initially going into my junk as sales emails so check there. Also their email format is terrible. especially for reading on a smartphone. There is too much writing and the information is hidden amongst the crap some people do not want to read. They need to have Large bolded headings that tell what you want to know at a glance. I got an email from CD yesterday, "Custom Slipcase for Stephen Kings Doctor Sleep" you know what it is right away so a quick glance and no thanks, close. Done! Although I get CD emails 3 times which is annoying. one is because of cdcc then the regular but im not sure why i get the second regular one.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriw View Post
    I didn't read ALL the comments in here but some people mentioned not getting emailed from PS. Mine were initially going into my junk as sales emails so check there. Also their email format is terrible. especially for reading on a smartphone. There is too much writing and the information is hidden amongst the crap some people do not want to read. They need to have Large bolded headings that tell what you want to know at a glance. I got an email from CD yesterday, "Custom Slipcase for Stephen Kings Doctor Sleep" you know what it is right away so a quick glance and no thanks, close. Done! Although I get CD emails 3 times which is annoying. one is because of cdcc then the regular but im not sure why i get the second regular one.
    Any chance you have two email addresses on the regular newsletter list? If that's a possibility, send me an email with any possible email addresses and I will check for you! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    I shouldn't but I do have my hotmail forwarded to my gmail. I am not worried about it though, if one stops working i will get the other this way. I just found it weird.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    I saw this on the PS Publishing website earlier...

"We’re now very close to a formal announcement of the 26-copy PS lettered edition, for which we’ve got a little additional information—and you’ll be pleased. In fact, we reckon it’s the icing on the cake. And the cherry on the top! We'll be putting up the order page in due course.... so watch out.
    Soon, mi compadre.... very soon."

Now that sounds VERY EXCITING!!!!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I don't know. Cake, ice cream and books don't make for a good combo. .
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I saw this on the PS Publishing website earlier...

"We’re now very close to a formal announcement of the 26-copy PS lettered edition, for which we’ve got a little additional information—and you’ll be pleased. In fact, we reckon it’s the icing on the cake. And the cherry on the top! We'll be putting up the order page in due course.... so watch out.
    Soon, mi compadre.... very soon."

Now that sounds VERY EXCITING!!!!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    I bet it's going to be expensive!

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    I bet it's going to be expensive!

sk
    Yeah, unfortunately that is pretty much nailed on.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Inmate Neiaushie79's Avatar
    I feel sad to say that I've never read Carrie. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    I feel sad to say that I've never read Carrie. Is it any good?
    I only just read it last year. It seems to get mixed reactions, but I really liked it. A nice quick read. Cool unique format compared to most novels.

Senior Member Inmate Neiaushie79's Avatar
    Thanks. I guess I'll be buying it. I just don't know which one. CD never disappoints and does great work, so it'll probably be them. I just wish there more art work to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    Thanks. I guess I'll be buying it. I just don't know which one. CD never disappoints and does great work, so it'll probably be them. I just wish there more art work to see.
    Both editions look fantastic. I jumped on the PS edition as soon as it was announced pretty much because Glenn Chadbourne is doing the artwork. That alone made it a no brainer for me as I think Glenn Chadbourne is amazing!!!

I would get a copy of both the PS and CD editions, that way you will have the best of both worlds...
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Wait just a minute.....It's My job to get people to spend all their money.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    And it's MY job to spend Tom's money!!! So you need to get both, Tom, if you haven't already because anybody who IS anybody will have both!!!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

I actually called off my PS copy of Carrie. It was a tough choice, especially with the matching number and Chadbourne art, but I am trying to think of my poor wallet. Especially with all the new SK books CD will be releasing soon.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar

------

"I'm a vegan. "

I do have both on order. Like old blue eyes said... You can't have one without the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    And it's MY job to spend Tom's money!!! So you need to get both, Tom, if you haven't already because anybody who IS anybody will have both!!!

Well, done, Tom! Stike a pose and make yourself comfy!

"I'm a vegan. "

Well done, Tom!! Both editions are set to be truly fantastic!!
    - Stephen King

I see that there are less then 50 copies left at the ps web site. Also says that the book is at the printer.