No announcement yet.

Carrie--PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (though I got it from Civilization 4).

I have made several purchases that could easily been seen as a mistake when retrospectively thinking along the lines of, "I overpaid, it's not worth that''. Usually this line of thinking centers around what other people would think about the value, but I get a sense of relief when I bring it back to myself - "what do I think it's worth?", or better, "what is it worth to me?" Bringing it back around like this has saved at least a part of my sanity.

Of Mr. King's hardcore fans, do 26 of them have this kind of scratch? Yep, it just stings a little to be priced out myself having loved this book so much.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Its priced terribly high but there will easily be 26 crazy addicts that have the deep pockets or lines of credit to obtain it. So price is fine. My wife would do worse things to me than what Carrie did to classmates if I told her I bought this.

I do admit I am shocked Steve agreed to it, didn't think there was a remote chance he would go for it.

**what is with my post doubling? System glitch?**

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        I think it actually does...

An excerpt from today's newsletter from PS Publishing:
        Bwahahaha! That's awesome! With a tag like that I am sure PS will pull out all the stops. Is it within your book budget, Tim? I know you said you'd been stashing cash for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury
          Its priced terribly high but there will easily be 26 crazy addicts that have the deep pockets or lines of credit to obtain it. So price is fine. My wife would do worse things to me than what Carrie did to classmates if I told her I bought this.

I do admit I am shocked Steve agreed to it, didn't think there was a remote chance he would go for it.
          Originally posted by Theli
          Bwahahaha! That's awesome! With a tag like that I am sure PS will pull out all the stops. Is it within your book budget, Tim? I know you said you'd been stashing cash for this one.
          LOL! I would love to get this, but with my wife checking our bank statements with the hawk eyed interest of an IRS investigator, I am in the same predicament as Highbury. If my wife knew I had bought this, she would would also provide an 'audience participation' rendition of Carrie, as my nether regions get fed through a meat grinder.

With the amount of money I have already spent on books, my nuts are on borrowed time as it is...

My only hope is somehow winning the lottery, before the order page for this book is uploaded. Anyone know what next week's numbers will be?
          Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 05-24-2014, 09:28 AM.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

I think it is a rather ridiculous price for a book. I'm sure that it is going to be gorgeous and will become a holy grail for King collectors but there's no way I'd ever spend that much on a book. Though with that being said, I'm obviously not the market this book is being made for. I can appreciate what PS is doing and definitely wish them the best of luck.

Comment

I have no problem with the price of the book. I'm not one of the 1%; I never have been and never will be. But I don't begrudge the 1% their bennies. I never got a job from a welfare recipient and I never got a good deal on a fine/fine book that they are forced to sell from one, either. At least a book that I didn't suspect was "hot."
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Lol, that's right. And who knows, maybe one day one of us will hit that windfall and won't bat an eye spending 15k picking it up on the secondary market years down the road. Whether made for us or not, it's just a good thing that something like this is made at all.
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Too bad I don't have the money for it.....

Carrie.jpg

Comment

I can't even find this page but it doesn't matter since this book cost more than my car

Comment

And it is sold out.

Comment

There's still a couple copies left. I can still add two copies to the cart but not three. It says there's two available.

Comment

Interesting, the banner on the main website says it is sold out.
                          Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          There's still a couple copies left. I can still add two copies to the cart but not three. It says there's two available.

Comment

Yeah, it showed sold out within the first hour but it's been showing two are available since then. Pete said when they're all sold out it wouldn't be available to order so unless they're having a glitch with the system there's still two available for anyone who has the inclination an funds to get one.

Comment

Well, I don't need to eat for the next....year.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Well, I don't need to eat for the next....year.
                                So you got one and are dieting?

Comment

Working...
                                X