Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: The Deluxe Signed & Slipcased Special Limited Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Some time after Feb. 7th.
    Smartass! That sounds like an answer I would give. Or something like "Sometime between tomorrow and Dec. 31st"
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
      Smartass! That sounds like an answer I would give. Or something like "Sometime between tomorrow and Dec. 31st"
      LOL!! I was too lazy to write out the entire date range.

Comment

This was one of my favorite reads of last year. A stellar novel. Can't wait to see what CD do with it.
        http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Nuts now I have to read this book soon. Well at least I can give my library card a long o we due work out.
          Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
          This was one of my favorite reads of last year. A stellar novel. Can't wait to see what CD do with it.

Comment

Is there an estimated time for this to be released? Other than 2014, of course.
            Probably late summer, but that all hinges on how long the author has the signature sheets. I currently have an anthology that is one signature away from being ready for the printer, but the last author has had the sheets for 18 months. There's another book where the author has had the sheets since before some of our current staff started here. I really, strongly doubt we'll have that problem with this particular author, but I do like to make sure everyone knows nothing is set in stone just yet.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              Probably late summer, but that all hinges on how long the author has the signature sheets. I currently have an anthology that is one signature away from being ready for the printer, but the last author has had the sheets for 18 months. There's another book where the author has had the sheets since before some of our current staff started here. I really, strongly doubt we'll have that problem with this particular author, but I do like to make sure everyone knows nothing is set in stone just yet.

Brian
              Wow, that is sad that they have had the sheets for long! I assume they have been reminded and pestered about the sheets. Maybe it's time to publicly out them
              Spoiler!

Comment

Wow, that is sad that they have had the sheets for long! I assume they have been reminded and pestered about the sheets. Maybe it's time to publicly out them
                Yep, reminded many times. We don't publicly shame them, but sometimes it's obvious who has been holding up a project because the status stays stuck on "signature sheets with the author" forever…
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

One of those has to be Shocklines.

Comment

That would be my guess as well. Now we just need to figure out which author it is.

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    One of those has to be Shocklines.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I can certainly appreciate the not calling out of the one who hasn't signed. Maybe we should be more positive about the whole thing and lust list everyone who HAS signed.....

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                        That would be my guess as well. Now we just need to figure out which author it is.
                        Brian J. Freeman has a story in the anthology. He's notoriously slow when signing sheets, so its probably him holding everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                          Brian J. Freeman has a story in the anthology. He's notoriously slow when signing sheets, so its probably him holding everything up.
                          Fun fact: he hates signing signature sheets because he has trouble with his signing hand and it's a huge pain. So maybe it IS him! But probably not on this one…

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            I have been using my detective skills again and as far as suspects go, I know who I would interview first on this case...

Another publisher (no names) had an anthology delayed for over a year because of a 'problem' with the signature sheets. There is an author who appears in both Shocklines and the anthology released by the other publisher. Therefore as a detective, coincidence is not something I would consider as an option...

Sherlock Holmes.jpg
                            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                            - Stephen King

Comment

I did the same thing and I think I found the same information you did but I won't name names either.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                                Yep, reminded many times. We don't publicly shame them, but sometimes it's obvious who has been holding up a project because the status stays stuck on "signature sheets with the author" forever…
                                I knew you didn't shame them publicly, that is actually a good thing as it looks better for the publisher to not to do that. Could always circulate sheets for the authors to send again and not include the sig or maybe even the story, from the guilty author.
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X