Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Very nice, Good luck with your collecting.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bango Skank View Post
          Very nice collection! I just thought I'd point out that this books has the same cover art as Mario Bava's classic horror film Shock.

Comment

Nice titles in your collection! Love your copy of The Cellar!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

We Have Always Lived in the Castle is one book that I want to get a hold of soon.

Comment

I read that year's ago. Seems to be on a lot of people's to read list this year. I might do a re-read later this year. Shirley Jackson is one of my favorite writers from my teen years.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  I read that year's ago. Seems to be on a lot of people's to read list this year. I might do a re-read later this year. Shirley Jackson is one of my favorite writers from my teen years.
                  I haven't read that one, but I loved The Haunting of Hill House and I remember liking The Lottery when I read it in high school.

Comment

Not part of my personal collection per se, these are the two King shelves in my store. I'm not into shameless plugs or anything, just thought I'd post these for fun. My picture taking abilities aren't that great and all I know how to do in Photoshop is the auto fixes. Not surprisingly, King is one of my biggest sellers.

Hardbacks

Paperbacks

Comment

Hard to make out some of them. But it looks like a nice collection.

Comment

Great titles in that collection.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Bango, can you tell me the table of contents for "11 Great Horror Stories" (post # 26)?? I think I borrowed that book from my cousin 35 years ago, and it was my introduction to Lovecraft. But there was another story in the book that I still remember, but have no idea of the title or author. It was about a guy who murdered and ate his wife. The detective caught him because he bought a lot of mustard, or something like that.

I love a lot of those other books too. I used to check a lot of the Hitchcock anthologies out of the library. Come to think of it that story sounds like one that would be in one of the Hitchcock books. But I'm pretty sure it was in something I borrowed from Henry.

Finally, is that a complete set of the Green Mile serials? Mine disappeared years ago.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It might take me a couple days, but I'll check 11 Great Horror Stories when I get a chance and put up a scan of the TOC. I believe I have at least one full set of the Green Mile Serials, but I can't recall offhand what kind of shape they're in. I'll see what I have and let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                              Bango, can you tell me the table of contents for "11 Great Horror Stories" (post # 26)?? I think I borrowed that book from my cousin 35 years ago, and it was my introduction to Lovecraft. But there was another story in the book that I still remember, but have no idea of the title or author. It was about a guy who murdered and ate his wife. The detective caught him because he bought a lot of mustard, or something like that.

I love a lot of those other books too. I used to check a lot of the Hitchcock anthologies out of the library. Come to think of it that story sounds like one that would be in one of the Hitchcock books. But I'm pretty sure it was in something I borrowed from Henry.

Finally, is that a complete set of the Green Mile serials? Mine disappeared years ago.
                              Originally posted by Bango Skank View Post
                              It might take me a couple days, but I'll check 11 Great Horror Stories when I get a chance and put up a scan of the TOC. I believe I have at least one full set of the Green Mile Serials, but I can't recall offhand what kind of shape they're in. I'll see what I have and let you know.
                              Don't worry, I can post the TOC for 11 Great Horror Stories right now:

TOC:

"The Dunwich Horor" by HP Lovecraft
                              "The Love Letter" by Jack Finney
                              "W.S." by LP Hartley
                              "The Oblong Box" by Edgar Allan Poe
                              "The Ape and the Mystery" by Gerald Kersh
                              "The Judge's House" by Bram Stoker
                              "Thus I Refute Bellzy" by John Collier
                              "Return of the Griffins" by AE Sandeling
                              "Flies" by Anthony Vercoe
                              "The Shed" by E Everett Evans
                              "The Mistake" by Fielden Hughes

Copies of this book are available to buy through Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Horror-S.../dp/B000CRKGLO
                              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                              X