Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice adds!

Comment

Great adds. I know how you feel about that sticker. I will not by books with that on and don't know why if the price is the same they just don't have another section just for signed books.

Comment

Maybe try a blow dryer to remove it. Goo Gone and Goof Off can work, but tend to make colours run.

Comment

Great adds. I loved Four Rode Out --dirty, grimy and scary.

I swear by Goo Gone. I've rescued sooooo many DJs with that stuff. It even works on paperbacks.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Never had problems with it fading the ink? I've used it on a few less expensive books and dvds to remove price tags, but seems to make ink run or fade.

Comment

Never had a problem with it. I've even let it sit for 10 minutes on a particularly nasty sticker.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Fair enough. Maybe I've applied too much, or perhaps rubbed too vigorously *insert joke here*.

Comment

It may depend on the type of paper the jacket is made of, ie glossy vs matte.

Comment

When I use Goo Gone I apply it to a paper towel, not the dust jacket itself.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      When I use Goo Gone I apply it to a paper towel, not the dust jacket itself.
                      That's what I do, but it probably has more to do with the finish being matte or not well laminated.

Comment

I apply it directly to the jacket. Most of the jackets I have are the glossy type, but I tested it on a Sub Press DJ and it didn't harm it at all. I have removed several stickers from CD books I have bought online with no problem.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finally got off my lazy ass and took some photos. They are huge and this forum doesn't seem to support the timg tag, so I'll just drop a link to the gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/b9oXr

Comment

That's just killer! Great looking shelves in addition to the collection. Also impressed that as a cornerstone you've got Calvin and Hobbes. Well done sir, well done.
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Love those bookcases!

Comment

Dear god, man, that's a mighty collection! I love the bookcases. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X