Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new add..

Comment

Love the Grant pub. Talisman and Black House.

Comment

Pretty shelf of books!

Comment

These aren't really new, I've had them for a couple of years from my trip to Maine. Got them both from Bett's.

Stephen King t-shirt:

Derry Christmas ornament:

The latter isn't my picture as mine is tucked away in the attic until next Christmas, but it's what it looks like.

Comment

Nice collectables.

Comment

Cool!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So long story short, the UK hardcover for 'Let the Right One In' is now OOP and it's the only hardcover with the correct English title translation (the US edition being 'Let Me In'). I don't know how 'valuable' it is as some have sold it for $25 while it's gone from $50 to over a hundred elsewhere.

Regardless it's one of my favorite novels and I was lucky to find a slightly dinged copy for very cheap. I recently got it a brodart cover and slipcase from Jeff Whiley for it. I suppose such protection is unnecessary for a book that's already used but if I ever come across one in better condition at least I'll have something ready.

Last edited by CyberGhostface; 05-02-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Very nice. I love the slipcase you acquired for it too. I had considered doing the same, but decided to hold out in hopes that CD (fingers crossed) or another publisher would be announcing a limited ed. sometime soon.

Edit: Who is Jeff Whiley? Does he sell slip or tray cases? I have been looking to get some slipcases for some of my books.
                  Last edited by Theli; 05-03-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    Very nice. I love the slipcase you acquired for it too. I had considered doing the same, but decided to hold out in hopes that CD (fingers crossed) or another publisher would be announcing a limited ed. sometime soon.

Edit: Who is Jeff Whiley? Does he sell slip or tray cases? I have been looking to get some slipcases for some of my books.
                    That is a stunning copy of Let The Right One In. Very nice indeed!

I am also hoping that CD announce a S/L of this awesome book too as it's an absolutely fantastic read!

If you are after slipcases Dan, you know that CD have various sized ones that are in the Spring Sale at the moment? I think CD slipcases/traycases are probably the best out there in terms of quality and aesthetic value...
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                      That is a stunning copy of Let The Right One In. Very nice indeed!

I am also hoping that CD announce a S/L of this awesome book too as it's an absolutely fantastic read!

If you are after slipcases Dan, you know that CD have various sized ones that are in the Spring Sale at the moment? I think CD slipcases/traycases are probably the best out there in terms of quality and aesthetic value...
                      I'd be all over it, but the ones I need, though for CD books, are the 6x9, and are unfortunately not in stock.

Comment

I'd be all over it, but the ones I need, though for CD books, are the 6x9, and are unfortunately not in stock.
                        Yeah, I can see that is rather frustrating...

Have you tried pinging Brian an email, asking him when CD will have any 6x9 slipcases back in stock? He might be able to order you some...
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

It's not a big deal. I would have jumped on them during the sale if they had them in stock, I am in no rush at the moment. But yeah I might just do that anyway, at least if I know they are coming in, I won't have to shop around.

Comment

You can contact him at [email protected]. He makes custom slipcases if you give him measurements but I don't know if he makes tray cases.

And yeah I really hope there's a LE of LTROI, one with color plates and everything.
                            Last edited by CyberGhostface; 05-03-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I have used Jeffrey's services in the past. I'm a fan. Here are some pics of his work. When he last did some cases for me he was about to add the leather looking cases. Like Tomas does foe The Dark Tower Series. Oh Yeah. He's out T-DOGS way..
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Mike88; 05-03-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

They're VERY nice looking. Good safe lining on the inside? Do you recall how much they cost? Shipping from UK or US is all the same to me, might even be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X