Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Fiction VS Novels

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I would say my favourite length of read is normally novella to short novel length, 100-200 pages. It can be read quickly and has enough space to develop characters and ideas. That said all lengths and formats have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Senior Member Inmate Ronald Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneed20 View Post
    Hey Ron: I forgot to mention that I also put Timber Gray on my Kindle. I look forward to reading it soon. I'm reading Dr. Sleep right now. I'm a little past the half-way mark.
    Thanks, buddy! I'm glad you enjoyed LONG CHILLS and hope you like TIMBER GRAY when you get around to it. Plenty more available in my stable of Kindle Books and even more coming to e-book in 2014. Next year will prove to be a mighty prolific year for Ol' Ron, if the good Lord's willing.

Junior Member Part-timer
    Hey Ron:
    I've read the first 11 chapters of "Timber Gray." I'm enjoying it. It's a very good book. This is usually the type of subject matter I don't read about.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I read mine in the dead of winter 2 years ago. Set the mood even more. It is a great story and I still want more of Timber Gray..

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I read mine in the dead of winter 2 years ago. Set the mood even more. It is a great story and I still want more of Timber Gray..
    Actually, I'm considering writing a Timber Gray short story for an upcoming weird western anthology, in which Timber agrees to hunt down a creature that is far from his normal game of expertise...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
    Actually, I'm considering writing a Timber Gray short story for an upcoming weird western anthology, in which Timber agrees to hunt down a creature that is far from his normal game of expertise...
    That sounds awesome! I would be well up for reading that if you write it Ron!!!!!!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Great. I always felt there was more for us to know about this character and his past adventures.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I like the sound of that one. I look forward to it!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Junior Member Part-timer
    Hey Ron: I finished reading "Timber Gray" on my Kindle late Wednesday night. I liked the book a lot. Timber Gray was a very good well developed character. And, I liked how Ole Cripplefoot was wrapped up in an aura of mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneed20 View Post
    Hey Ron: I finished reading "Timber Gray" on my Kindle late Wednesday night. I liked the book a lot. Timber Gray was a very good well developed character. And, I liked how Ole Cripplefoot was wrapped up in an aura of mystery.
    I'm glad you enjoyed TG, hoss. I've been seriously considering writing more traditional westerns, as well as the weird/horror/western serial that I've had in mind for a long time (way back in 1992, in fact). Thunderstorm would be doing the serial... hopefully with illustrations by Alex McVey.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    You miss ghost writing as Jake Logan, Ron?
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)