No announcement yet.

Mr. Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was skeptical as well but I'm about half through it and find it very good. Haven't had much time the past couple day to read so I'm not done as I'd hoped to be by now. It seems that this is the point in the book that it's going to hit overdrive and not stop until the end.

Comment

It seems that most people who read this already, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        It seems that most people who read this already, love it.
        Yeah, I'm really looking forward to reading this one.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Just watched that trailer - looks pretty good - I should probably pre-order as the local store (chain) has it online for rewards members for a very good price.

Comment

It's gotta be better than Doctor Sleep.
            Last edited by srboone; 05-06-2014, 05:02 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished and though it's not perfect, I enjoyed it.....and yes, for me it was better than Doctor Sleep.

Comment

For those of us without a Proof nor ARC, there's an excerpt in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly.

It continues on for a couple double-columned pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                  For those of us without a Proof nor ARC, there's an excerpt in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly.
                  Cool, I hope my wife didn't throw it away already. If not, I must hang on to it for my collection

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    Cool, I hope my wife didn't throw it away already. If not, I must hang on to it for my collection

Comment

Is there any AA or overtly Christian themes in this one?

Comment

I only remember one direct reference to AA but there is a fair amount of drinking. I think I understand where the concerns are originating (DS), but it's nothing like that.
                        If there was anything referencing religion, I don't recall it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          Is there any AA or overtly Christian themes in this one?
                          No, almost none.

John

Comment

Fantastic, thanks guys! Sounds like I'll be giving this one a shot!

Comment

At 9% into the book (according to the Kindle), the only thing that's bugging me is how they keep referring to a Mercedes SL500 as a twelve-cylinder. That's something that should never have made it past the editors. The SL600 had the V12.

Comment

I have my pre-order waiting at my local Chapters - will be grabbing it either on lunch break today, or right after work.

Comment

Working...
                                X