No announcement yet.

Going nuts for a copy of The Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill - Sub Press Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going nuts for a copy of The Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill - Sub Press Edition

Hello Everyone,

Having spent the best part of 3 years trying, and failing, to get my hands on a copy of the Sub Press release of either the Deluxe S/L (numbered 1-200) or Lettered Edition of The Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill, I am now going completely insane...

I was wondering if there is a kind soul out there who would be willing to sell me a copy of either the Deluxe S/L or Lettered Edition of this truly great book and put me out of my eternal suffering?
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

There is a copy on Abebooks http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...&afn_sr=impact

Contact the seller, I bet they would come down in price.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Extraordinary Things View Post
      There is a copy on Abebooks http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...&afn_sr=impact

Contact the seller, I bet they would come down in price.

Good luck!
      Thanks for this, but the copy on Abebooks is the standard limited edition that is numbered between 201-500. This copy does not contain any of the extras that came with the deluxe limited edition (numbered 1-200). Additionally, the seller is asking $550 for an edition that originally sold for $75. To me that is scalping.

I don't mind having to pay a bit more for a copy of this book, but I don't wish to be scalped.

Taken from the Sub Press website:

Limited:
      ◦ 300 sewn hardcover copies
      ◦ bound in full cloth
      ◦ signed by the author
      ◦ numbered 201-500

Deluxe Limited:
      ◦ 200 sewn hardcover copies
      ◦ bound in a different cloth
      ◦ the deleted first chapter, printed as an appendix
      ◦ an exclusive afterword by the author
      ◦ two two-color illustrations
      ◦ an exclusive review of Hammered for Life: 15 SuperRock Hits
      ◦ signed by the author
      ◦ numbered 1-200

Lettered:
      ◦ 15 leatherbound copies, lettered A-O
      ◦ all of the extras in the Deluxe Limited
      ◦ housed in a custom “vault” traycase
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Very intriguing, sure makes me more interested in finding a Deluxe ed. I was planning to pick up the second printing of the limited.

Comment

Working...
        X