FS the shining s/l preorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS the shining s/l preorder

special halloween auction of 24 hours starting a 449€ including worldwide shipping

http://www.ebay.it/itm/111202189633?...84.m1558.l2649

I will accepts out of ebay offers from active forum members. In that case I will discount the final price by the ebay fees (9%). Also payments with paypal friends/family will get an additional 3% discount

thanks for watching

Nice deal for you. You get paid now and have no responsibility if it never shows up? No refund in that case??

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Nice deal for you. You get paid now and have no responsibility if it never shows up? No refund in that case??
      well, no one is forcing you to buy it...
      BTW I'm selling the preorder I've already paid and not the book, so when the order is transferred you can get a refund from the publisher for the original price if the book is not published

Comment

The Payment would be protected by PayPal wouldn't it?

If the book never shows up you could launch a PayPal dispute?
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Maybe, but how long would Paypal help you? Say the book was delayed 3..4...months..

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
            The Payment would be protected by PayPal wouldn't it?

If the book never shows up you could launch a PayPal dispute?
            again... I'm selling the preorder I've already paid and not the book, so when the order is transferred you can get a refund from the publisher for the original price if the book is not published.
            If you go through ebay+paypal you get a 45 days protection from paypal if the item bought is different from the one you get.

Comment

auction closed.
              I will not accept paypal because the buyer can abuse paypal protection scheme, get the book and the full refund from paypal and I will not be able to get the book back from the publisher

Comment

I have done some research into Ebay's official rules regarding the listing of pre-ordered items. The following is an excerpt from their policy:

Policy overview

Presale listings generally consist of items that are sold before they're available to the public, such as video games, tickets, and custom-made items. (For the rules on magazine subscriptions and certain promotional items and events, see Additional information.) These items often aren't in the seller's control or possession when they're listed.

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
                Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
                The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
                Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

I have attached the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Therefore, unless you can guarantee that The Shining will be ready for shipping within 30 days from the point of transaction, your listing may be removed by Ebay for violating it's terms and conditions of service.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

I have seen in the past people sell their preorder books that were not released in the 30 day time frame. I guess it depends on the seller and their history and what the preorder is. I have had one bad experience with ebay but it was the buyer of an item. They said I did not send the right book and it was damaged beyond repair. I asked them to return it for a refund and was flat out told by the buyer that they would get their refund by going through the ebay buyer protection program. They never did return the book and got their refund. I believe it was a scam to get the book. I just wrote it off to experience and put the person on my do not sell to list. That being said I still would use ebay and do continue to sell on ebay. Not everyone is a bad penny. But there are a few in every batch.

Comment

I've had mostly good experiences, and I've had two bad experiences. I bought a Magic card online, something like $9, when I sent the guy a message I got a reply of something to the effect of; "I could send it to you.", it went past 45 days, there wasn't shit I could do. A second time a guy never sent me an order of comics, and then reported me because I refused to pay him on a second order I made until my comic arrived (this was a long time something like 2 months he kept promising me them), finally I phoned the guy and laid into him, he gave me his story, I figured it was worked out. The joker then sent me a duplicate of another order I had made, and not the one I had bought. He disappeared off ebay too (he was a big seller with good feedback til then). I may remember the bad more clearly than the good, but with hundreds of purchases that have worked out, I can't say I regret ever using ebay, or plan to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I have seen in the past people sell their preorder books that were not released in the 30 day time frame. I guess it depends on the seller and their history and what the preorder is. I have had one bad experience with ebay but it was the buyer of an item. They said I did not send the right book and it was damaged beyond repair. I asked them to return it for a refund and was flat out told by the buyer that they would get their refund by going through the ebay buyer protection proghram. They never did return the book and got their refund. I believe it was a scam to get the book. I just wrote it off to experience and put the person on my do not sell to list. That being said I still would use ebay and do continue to sell on ebay. Not everyone is a bad penny. But there are a few in every batch.
                      Do you recall the buyers ID, I'll add them to my no bid list also. No sense in letting a known scammer screw you over.

Mark
                      Last edited by ruderabbit; 11-01-2013, 02:03 AM.

Comment

To each his own, but personally, I would not bid on ebay for something that does not "exist" yet.

Comment

To each his own, but personally, I would not bid on ebay for something that does not "exist" yet.
                          I've never done that, don't know if I would.

Comment

Working...
                          X