Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: T-Dogz_AK47's Collection

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    The original image from the 1976 movie...

Carrie Prom.jpg
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Glenn Chadbourne created a really cool and visually striking remarque on the title page...

1b7e99fe-abbd-4b54-96e1-1ac6529f8837_zpsf4ad58ce.jpg
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-01-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Glenn Chadbourne created a truly spectacular double page remarque, based on the poster for the 2013 movie remake...

7005436e-9518-4cd6-9dc0-c9d451acaf46_zps1a47d5c3.jpg
    - Stephen King

The advance theatrical poster image of the 2013 movie, that the remarque is based on...

Carrie remarque.jpg
    - Stephen King

Glenn Chadbourne also created an absolutely awesome double page montage style remarque...

e5d3d596-2410-48c6-9ddc-bddb2e57c7a2_zps8622ac7e.jpg
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Stunning addition to your collection!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    That is truly an awesome book. By the way if people have not seen the 2013 remake go watch it. I thought it was super. Still nothing like the original but very well done.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Phenomenal remarques! Thanks for sharing!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Due to a mix up on my numbered PS edition of Carrie, I wasn't able to have a complete matching #1 set of the PS anniversary editions. However, I will now be able to have a complete matching #1 set of something far greater....

Attachment 16483
    Very freaking cool, brother! The remarques are outstanding. I absolutely love Mr. Chadbourne's work, and you have some of his best there! Congrats on an amazing purchase!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Merlin1958's Avatar
    Remarkable, just remarkable!! Glenn, is the man!!!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    You have such a great collection, and an amazing collection of remarques. Do you contact the artists directly and arrange for most of those? The only book I have done that with is my PS edition of Christine (and the slipcase came back damaged).

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!!
    - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by jigertz View Post
    You have such a great collection, and an amazing collection of remarques. Do you contact the artists directly and arrange for most of those? The only book I have done that with is my PS edition of Christine (and the slipcase came back damaged).
    Yeah, I contact the artists direct to arrange remarques. It is a risk when it comes to shipping it to them though. If you are thinking of sending your book to an artist for a remarque in the future, the best thing to do is remove the dust jacket on the book and just send the book to the artist without the slipcase/traycase with it. This way, not only are you removing the risk of these getting damaged in the post, but the book will also be lighter without the slipcase/traycase and therefore will cost less to post to the artist.

I would love to see the remarque you got for your PS edition of Christine. Did you get Tomislav Tikulin or Jill Baumann to remarque it?
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 03-04-2015 at 06:19 AM.
    - Stephen King

Jill Baumann remarqued it, and I love it. I also couldn't believe how reasonable her price was. It's one of the remarques of Christine posted on stephenkingcollector.com (and I'm pretty sure it's in my collection thread on here).

I was bummed about the damage. Even contacted PS to see if they had any extra slipcases they could sell, and they were out.

Jill Baumann remarqued it, and I love it. I also couldn't believe how reasonable her price was. It's one of the remarques of Christine posted on stephenkingcollector.com (and I'm pretty sure it's in my collection thread on here).

I was bummed about the damage. Even contacted PS to see if they had any extra slipcases they could sell, and they were out.
    Too bad, still worth it I imagine.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar

Maybe you can find an unremarqued, undamaged copy for a reasonable price on eBay, abebooks, or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Maybe you can find an unremarqued, undamaged copy for a reasonable price on eBay, abebooks, or elsewhere.
    They don't seem to be found so cheaply. $150+ is what I've come across.

Edit: Though I suppose you could trade or sell the damaged copy to make back some of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post

Edit: Though I suppose you could trade or sell the damaged copy to make back some of the cost.
    Since I don't plan on selling it anyway, I decided to just let it go. And it's better to have a small tear on the back of the slipcase than damage to the dust jacket. And the remarque is amazing.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Merlin1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah, I contact the artists direct to arrange remarques. It is a risk when it comes to shipping it to them though. If you are thinking of sending your book to an artist for a remarque in the future, the best thing to do is remove the dust jacket on the book and just send the book to the artist without the slipcase/traycase with it. This way, not only are you removing the risk of these getting damaged in the post, but the book will also be lighter without the slipcase/traycase and therefore will cost less to post to the artist.

I would love to see the remarque you got for your PS edition of Christine. Did you get Tomislav Tikulin or Jill Baumann to remarque it?
    Good point. I never considered removing the DJ's or slipcases before, but you make a very good point.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post

I didn't realize they were going for that much. Maybe I should sell mine.