Author Tom Clancy died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Author Tom Clancy died

I have not read his co-authored books, but I loved the first dozen or so of his solo works!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/us/tom-clancy-obit/

Damn. I just saw this too. I'm like you, I read all his earlier books, but not the recent ones.

Comment

Never read anything by him, though I have a lot of his paperbacks on my shelves. A lot of authors whose names (if not their books) that I grew up with are passing on.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

This sad, so many authors passing this year Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six was the first really long novel that I read years ago. Before that I don't think I'd read anything longer 300-some pages in a PB novel
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

I liked his earlier books. In fact, the most I ever read in one day was just over 1,600 pages of Tom Clancy on a rainy weekend in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            I liked his earlier books. In fact, the most I ever read in one day was just over 1,600 pages of Tom Clancy on a rainy weekend in Dublin.
            You read over 1,600 pages in one day???

That's crazy!!!! LOL!
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              Wow, 1600!! I couldn't even TURN that many pages in a weekend, much less read them!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                You read over 1,600 pages in one day???

That's crazy!!!! LOL!
                Yeah, I remember it was a Saturday, cold, wet and nothing to do, so I just started reading early in the day and kept going. I read around 120 pages per hour. I did have a headache by the time I finally quit reading that day

Comment

Wow...if I can polish off 100 pages in a day I feel accomplished LOL

Comment

My biggest marathon was about 250 pages in 1 day. The last third of "Needful Things". I also loved Clancy's early work, even though I've only read about 3 or 4 of them.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I loved his co-authored books; they tended to reign in his tendency to go overboard on technical matters... and I love all the spin-off's - Op Center, Netforce, Power Plays, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X