Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King's 10 Favorite Adaptations - Which ones would you have left out / put in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this when i was 13 so I don't remember much about it at all. I didn't drop it from my list because I didn't have a replacement thought up and honestly don't know if I like it or not.

Comment

Well looking back at the original top ten list, I say bin Apt Pupil (too tame) and bin Storm of the Century (too crap).

Carrie and The Dead Zone to replace them, definitely!
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

I hated the dead zone. Didn't even care for the book. Even King and Walken couldn't give this story some life.

Comment

I liked storm of the Century but do not consider it an adaptation since it was written as a screenplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I liked storm of the Century but do not consider it an adaptation since it was written as a screenplay.
            I hadn't thought of that. You're right: King shouldn't have called it one of his favorite adaptions since it is not indeed an adaptation.

Comment

Well...he adapted from his head...or maybe from a treatment for a novel...maybe...
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Apt Pupil the movie was lame.

One of my favorite "guilty pleasure" movies is Silver Bullet. So I vote for that!

Comment

If it were my list it would be topped by The Shining then Carrie. Too bad Creepshow doesn't count, unless you consider it an adaptation of the comic, then it'd be #2.

Comment

Working...
                    X