Dark Regions teaming up with Clive Barker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Keene's Maelstrom IV set is coming out that month as well so now October is really crowded!
    Yes, and I cannot wait for my early purchase link for this from Paul. Been waiting for this since early summer, been saving money for it, but now with it being in October I can use the set as my birthday present. Won't have it by my birthday, but if the early purchase window comes a week before the October 12 official announcement then I can at least order it on my birthday (the 6th), lol! I'll be curious to see what shipping will cost this year. It's been $7 the last 2 years, but won't be surprised if it is higher this time around. The set took longer to sell out last than I expected, but I won't be surprised if it sells out within a week or two (or sooner even) of being on sale to the public this year considering who the authors are for the third book this year
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.

Comment

Clive Barker just announced that has turned in the final draft of The Scarlet Gospels (the novel pitting the protaganist from "The Last Illusion" against Pinhead) to his publisher. I'm sure that this is also going to be a S/L edition by someone. Dark Regions and Subterranean have both announced that they will have books by Barker coming out, so it will be interesting to see where it lands.

Comment

Well, that would seem to align things I would think.

I really have to get a Barker book going - I have Hellbound Heart on my Kobo, but haven't got to it.....yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.
            I'm looking forward to Maelstrom this year! I've never read The Rising, and everything I've read by F. Paul Wilson has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
              I'm looking forward to Maelstrom this year! I've never read The Rising, and everything I've read by F. Paul Wilson has been great.
              I still have to read something from Wilson, but do have a few books by him. Sims is on my TBR for this year, though no guarantee I'll get to it, lol. Have aPB copy of The Rising, but never read it, and now I'll probably donate it to the local library of try to sell it bunched with several other PB titles I am gonna get rid of and 1 HC title I don't need to keep since it one of Clegg's Vampyricon series trade HC and I have the LRB edition on order.

As for the subject of this thread, I have never read anything by Barker, should probably fix that problem sometime. Problem is that I don't think I own anything by him.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

The book with Clive is a Special Deluxe Edition of his classic novella from The Books of Blood, MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN. It will feature 10 new pieces of art from Clive (including the cover), a new introduction from Clive, the script from the film, an intro from the screenwriter, storyboards, stills and more. The Lettered/Slipcased HC is sold out but there are about 30 copies left of the $50 signed/# HC and 2 copies left of the Ultra/Traycased HC (which Paul Miller from Earthling Publications is helping DRP with) for $1300 (only 13 copies of those being done). Here's the link to pre-order and don't wait too long as they'll be gone soon i'm sure:

http://www.darkregions.com/books/cli...nitive-edition

- James

Comment

Oh and it's slated for a July release as well. Clive has proofed it and it's in the hands of the designer now according to the publisher Chris Morey (who I work for now too).

- James

Comment

Just wanted to post an update that the special edition of MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN is almost done being laid out and getting ready to head to the printer very soon. Should be out sometime next month and I think everybody is going to like it a lot! Still a couple of copies of the $50 signed/# HC left for grabs I believe and one Ultra Lettered/Traycased for grabs. The Slipcased Signed HC is sold out.

- James

Comment

Picked up the signed hardcover, can't wait to check it out.

Comment

All of the Ultra Traycased and the Lettered/Slipcased HCs of the MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN Special Edition are sold out guys. There are just a handful of the signed/numbered HCs left for $50 and that is it. I am sure these will be sold out by the time the book comes out next month. So don't wait too much longer to grab one while you still can. I've seen the proof and content and this is an awesome book and one you will be proud to have on your shelf. Chris Morey really put a lot into this book!

Comment

This one is finally headed off to the printer now and is slated to be done in about 3 weeks or so. I believe all three signed editions are now sold out, but you may have luck grabbing one still from stores such as: Dark Delicacies, Overlook Connection, Bad Moon, Ziesing Books, Mystery & Imagination, Fantastic Literature, etc.

- James

Comment

Oh and of course here at the Cemetery Dance store. I almost forgot they picked up some! So grab one from them first and support CD. You might even be able to get a discount as part of one of their special deals.

- James

Comment

I'm so excited. This'll be my first signed Clive Barker. Can't wait to check the storyboards too.

Comment

Just letting everybody know the Signed/# HC edition of MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN is in stock and shipping now! There's still a handful of copies left if you haven't already grabbed one. The Deluxe slipcased HC is also done, but the slipcase isn't done yet so that one will be a bit longer. The Ultra Traycased one isn't done quite yet also as that one is being put together still and the traycase is being done too. Those are long sold out though.

I know that Cemetery Dance picked up some copies for their site of MMT, so hit them first but if theirs are all gone then you can still snag one at (I wouldn't wait too long though!):

- James

Comment

Working...
                                X