Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks! Even at $40, I think you got a great deal. I really just got lucky on both this and Best of CD. Both were just low bids because it's all I could swing and just expected to be outbid.

Rereading my posts, I sound kinda like a braggart which was not my intention. I was excited to share the good deals with people who "get it". Non-collector friends and family just look at me like "yeah, it's a book. You shouldn't have paid more than twenty bucks..."
    We totally feel ya, Keith! You are amongst friends (enablers) here . And a super accomplishment on getting those photos fixed! My neck was starting to get a little sore . I didn't think you sounded like a braggart at all! It's great to hear when fellow members score some awesome deals for their hobby.

As quoted from a member on the DT forum; "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"

Comment

I think you did well Keith! Great additions!

Comment

I've been looking for these books for a few years now and I finally stumbled upon a matching numbered pair of God of the Razor and Lords of the Razor.

This is a slightly weird set from Subterranean Press as their were designed as companion pieces, hence the matching slipcase and art from Tim Truman, but the books themselves had a few notable differences: one was the binding as God is bound in leather while Lords is cloth bound; other was the limitation: God was available in a trade edition along with a 150-copy limited edition and no lettered edition, while Lords was not offered in a trade edition but was offered in a 500-copy limited edition and a 26-copy lettered edition. Suffice to say, that I felt kinda lucky to get a matching set at pretty much issued price.

IMG_0421.jpg
        IMG_0422.jpgIMG_0423 (1).jpg
        IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpg
        Last edited by Sock Monkey; 05-25-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Here are the limitation pages for the God and Lords. Sorry for the sideways pictures. I thought I had this sorted out, but it struck again.

IMG_0426.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_0428.jpg

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Nice adds, Keith!

Comment

Very nice additions! They look great together. The God of the Razor is a surprisingly low print run.

Comment

Those are beautiful.

Comment

Here's one of my newer additions: The Crane House. I've been trying to track one of these down for a while at a decent price as when they do come up, they are regularly priced at $100+. The line up is fantastic and I can't wait to read it!

IMG_0615.jpgIMG_0616.jpg

Comment

Another new addition: 'Nids and Other Stories by Ray Garton. This was published by Camelot books quite a while back, but they recently had a sale, offering the lettered for $99 so I jumped on it. I'm not a huge fan of these types of traycases and I from the pictures I've seen I like the newer style Camelot has, but overall I like the book and presentation, especially for the price.

IMG_0620.jpgIMG_0621.jpgIMG_0622.jpgIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0626.jpg

Comment

Last but certainly not least is the Author's Roman Numeral Lettered edition of Gideon's Sword by Preston and Child. This varies from the standard lettered edition by having a red traycase and different limitation page stating that it is an "Author's edition" and limited to only 10 copies. This one is roman numeral VIII.

I was hesitant on picking this up when offered as I haven't read the series and I've heard mixed reviews about it, but as far as production values goes, it is such as great looking book and I love the red traycase! And with only 10 of these made, it makes it a really cool collectible.

IMG_0627.jpgIMG_0628.jpgIMG_0629.jpgIMG_0630.jpgIMG_0631.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Last but certainly not least is the Author's Roman Numeral Lettered edition of Gideon's Sword by Preston and Child. This varies from the standard lettered edition by having a red traycase and different limitation page stating that it is an "Author's edition" and limited to only 10 copies. This one is roman numeral VIII.

I was hesitant on picking this up when offered as I haven't read the series and I've heard mixed reviews about it, but as far as production values goes, it is such as great looking book and I love the red traycase! And with only 10 of these made, it makes it a really cool collectible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19930[/ATTACH]
                            Very nice adds! Some beautiful books there!

Comment

Nice additions. I actually quite like the look of that Garton traycase. Looks sturdy and professional. Functionality I can't comment on of course, and that's what matters most.

Comment

Thanks, guys. As far as the Garton traycase, it has started to grow on me more. The functionality of getting it open isn't as easy as a traditional traycase, but I'm glad I added it to my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X