Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    How are the stories? I've thought about getting this series.
    Unfortunately, I am SO far behind in my reading that I haven't been able to get to the first two books in the series let alone the two new ones. I got a promotion at work back in May and since then I've only finished one book. I'm starting to get a hang of the new position so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I love what Thunderstorm is producing. Great additions.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        If you're taking the pictures with your phone, even though your phone might know which way is up, quite often when you e-mail, or in this case upload, the picture will default to how it was taken.

Not sure if that's what's happening though. I experience this whenever I e-mail a picture from my phone (an iPhone) to work, Windows will almost have it rotated 90 degrees.
        That explains a lot. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          My only issue with TSB is I want to purchase everything they publish, but can't afford to do so.
          Tell me about it! By my estimation, TSB has published around 30 books this year and with their price point being between $65 and $85, that adds up to a whole lot of money. I'd be able to swing more if I only bought TSB books, but I also buy the majority of what CD puts out along with the occasional Sub Press, Centipede, and Earthling book, which means that my budget gets stretched pretty darn thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Tell me about it! By my estimation, TSB has published around 30 books this year and with their price point being between $65 and $85, that adds up to a whole lot of money. I'd be able to swing more if I only bought TSB books, but I also buy the majority of what CD puts out along with the occasional Sub Press, Centipede, and Earthling book, which means that my budget gets stretched pretty darn thin.
            Exactly! And that's not counting trade/mass market releases from the big NY publishers, either.

Comment

Outstanding new additions!

Comment

Quite a few beautiful books there. Thunderstorm Press does put out great books but yeah the price is a bit much with the quantity of books that they put out. I have had to be really selective with my purchases the last year or so. Between job change and a kid in college and other expenses not much left for my book purchases.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

First: Yay! I got the pictures to rotate properly!!! It truly is the small things in life...

So below is the second book in Thunderstorm's Misteriosa Diablo line: Highways to Hell by Bryan Smith. This was only available if you purchased the "Bryan Smith Bundle" they offered that consisted of three other books by Smith: Soultaker, Christmas Eve on Haunted Hill, and Depraved 3 and was limited to only 36 copies.

IMG_0266.jpgIMG_0267.jpgIMG_0268.jpg

Comment

I also won this off Ebay:

The Reach of Children by Tim Lebbon, published by Humdrumming Press. This is notoriously difficult to track down as it originally supposed to be a 450-copy limited and 52-copy lettered production, but from what I've read, only the limited was produced and the run was an abbreviated 150 copies. Due to its rarity, copies for this book go for a pretty penny, copies on Ebay and Abe are currently listed for $125 on up. I got lucky and picked it up for under $20, which includes shipping from Canada.

IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpg

Comment

The next book was also an Ebay win:

A copy of the trade HC of The Best of Cemetery Dance. I've been wanting a copy for a while and pretty gave up on the signed limited as it is usually WAY out of my price range. Even the trade HC fetches a pretty penny and finding one in good condition is hard. This was another good deal as I got it for $37 plus shipping. Unfortunately, when I arrived I noticed that the top front has a small ding, nothing major and nothing I couldn't live with, but it also got a bit of crinkling to the dust jacket, which kinda bummed me out. Don't know if I should make a big deal about it, though, especially for the price I got. Maybe I'll get lucky and I can find another dust jacket one day.

Anyways, I'm happy to have it on my shelf!

IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          The next book was also an Ebay win:

A copy of the trade HC of The Best of Cemetery Dance. I've been wanting a copy for a while and pretty gave up on the signed limited as it is usually WAY out of my price range. Even the trade HC fetches a pretty penny and finding one in good condition is hard. This was another good deal as I got it for $37 plus shipping. Unfortunately, when I arrived I noticed that the top front has a small ding, nothing major and nothing I couldn't live with, but it also got a bit of crinkling to the dust jacket, which kinda bummed me out. Don't know if I should make a big deal about it, though, especially for the price I got. Maybe I'll get lucky and I can find another dust jacket one day.

Anyways, I'm happy to have it on my shelf!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19462[/ATTACH]
                          They may have replacement dust jackets available still.

Comment

Fantastic acquisitions...especially that Lebbon novella...I have the edition as well, and, you're right, it's a spendy book at regular aftermarket retail. I thought *I* got a deal a couple years ago on my copy, but I still paid twice your $20. Nice grab!
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Martin. I didn't the dust jackets on the site anymore, but maybe I'll shoot an email and keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Fantastic acquisitions...especially that Lebbon novella...I have the edition as well, and, you're right, it's a spendy book at regular aftermarket retail. I thought *I* got a deal a couple years ago on my copy, but I still paid twice your $20. Nice grab!
                                Thanks! Even at $40, I think you got a great deal. I really just got lucky on both this and Best of CD. Both were just low bids because it's all I could swing and just expected to be outbid.

Rereading my posts, I sound kinda like a braggart which was not my intention. I was excited to share the good deals with people who "get it". Non-collector friends and family just look at me like "yeah, it's a book. You shouldn't have paid more than twenty bucks..."

Comment

Working...
                                X