Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    No, it's interesting metafiction and well done, but I wouldn't group it among his best. I'd recommend GHOUL or DEAD SEA...those are my two favorites. The extended mmpb of TERMINAL is great as well. Just depends if you want, respectively, coming-of-age, apocalypse, or supernatural noir.
    Thanks, Ron. I actually like all three categories you mention but since I want to like the guy's writing and coming-of-age horror always has a special place maybe I'll track down Ghoul. I picked up an e-book a while back of Girl on the Glider so I might just start with that, but maybe not. Appreciate the recommendations.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

So here are a few of my newest additions:

First is Summer of Night by Dan Simmons.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sock Monkey; 12-01-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Well, the curse of the sideways pictures again. One day I'm gonna figure this out...
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice add, Keith!

Comment

Castle of Sorrows by Jonathan Janz
            IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0223.jpgIMG_0224.jpg

Comment

A new book in Thunderstorm's Douglas Western line: Grim Riders by Tim Curran
              IMG_0225.jpgIMG_0227.jpgIMG_0228.jpg

Comment

Another Douglas Western from Thunderstorm: Seven Buried Hill by Kristopher Rufty:

IMG_0229.jpgIMG_0231.jpgIMG_0232.jpg

Comment

Let's see if this works:

IMG_0212.jpgIMG_0213.jpg
                  IMG_0214.jpgIMG_0217.jpg
                  IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0224.jpg

Comment

The last addition is the first book in Thunderstorm's new Misteriosa Diablo line. Essentially, the series is set up as an incentive book for members to purchase at a discounted price if they meet a qualifying event (the first was being a member having purchased a book from Thunderstorm in the last 90 days, the second book was part of bundle package of four Bryan Smith books). The title and author are not revealed at all, even upon the shipping invoice so it is a complete surprise until you open the box. Think CD's Forthcoming Grab Bags, but with the book being even more rare (Book 1 only had 30 copies made) and not being able to be purchased by the public afterward.

I was nervous with the purchase, but after I received it I was happy I did. I really like Kelli Owen's work so I was happy to add this to my collection.

IMG_0233.jpgIMG_0234.jpgIMG_0236.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Let's see if this works:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19092[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19094[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19096[/ATTACH]
                      Awesome! Now what's the secret?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        Another Douglas Western from Thunderstorm: Seven Buried Hill by Kristopher Rufty:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19090[/ATTACH]
                        How are the stories? I've thought about getting this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Awesome! Now what's the secret?
                          I copied your photos, rotated them, then reposted

Comment

If you're taking the pictures with your phone, even though your phone might know which way is up, quite often when you e-mail, or in this case upload, the picture will default to how it was taken.

Not sure if that's what's happening though. I experience this whenever I e-mail a picture from my phone (an iPhone) to work, Windows will almost have it rotated 90 degrees.

Comment

I love what Thunderstorm is producing. Great additions.

Comment

My only issue with TSB is I want to purchase everything they publish, but can't afford to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X