No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, darn it, all my pictures are coming out sideways. Sorry, guys!

Comment

Nice adds, Keith!

Comment

Looks nice! Would Brian Keene's best work be The Girl on the Glider? I need to read something of his at some point to make an educated judgement and I've been procrastinating.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
          Looks nice! Would Brian Keene's best work be The Girl on the Glider? I need to read something of his at some point to make an educated judgement and I've been procrastinating.
          No, it's interesting metafiction and well done, but I wouldn't group it among his best. I'd recommend GHOUL or DEAD SEA...those are my two favorites. The extended mmpb of TERMINAL is great as well. Just depends if you want, respectively, coming-of-age, apocalypse, or supernatural noir.
          Last edited by RonClinton; 08-17-2016, 05:40 AM.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Well, darn it, all my pictures are coming out sideways. Sorry, guys!
            I have that problem too!

Nice adds though. I am probably kicking myself for not getting Whispered Echoes.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              I have that problem too!

Nice adds though. I am probably kicking myself for not getting Whispered Echoes.
              I almost passed on it, then went a mini-shopping spree and picked it up along with Haven, Dark Debts, and the new Book Club.

Comment

So I can't figure out why my pictures are coming out sideways, but I figured I'll post them anyways.

I was happy to finally find a decent priced copy of the following book.

In Concert by Steve Rasnic Tem and Melanie Tem:

IMG_0136.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0138.jpgIMG_0139.jpg

Comment

Out of the Dark by Steve Rasnic Tem:

IMG_0140.jpgIMG_0141.jpgIMG_0142.jpgIMG_0143.jpgIMG_0144.jpg

Comment

Boy's Life by Robert McCammon:

IMG_0145.jpgIMG_0146.jpgIMG_0148.jpgIMG_0147.jpg

Comment

The Sorrows by Jonathan Janz:

IMG_0149.jpgIMG_0150.jpgIMG_0151.jpgIMG_0153.jpg

Comment

House of Skin by Jonathan Janz:

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0156.jpgIMG_0157.jpg

Comment

Great stuff! I assume you're in for Melanie Tem's upcoming Centipede release, then? It's going to be a cool set with his stories, her stories and their stories.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Great stuff! I assume you're in for Melanie Tem's upcoming Centipede release, then? It's going to be a cool set with his stories, her stories and their stories.
                            You would assume correctly. I'm more familiar with Steve's work than Melanie's but am definitely looking forward to her collection. Has Centipede said when her collection is going on sale? It's been in their forthcoming section for awhile now and I haven't read anything about it in their recent newsletters.

Comment

I can't say that I've read a whole bunch of Keene's work. The Cage is probably the only longer work of his that I've read and I thought it was okay. I had few other of his signed limited editions I meant to read, but wound up selling to fund another purchase. I've been also meaning to check out Girl on the Glider for a while, but have been putting off that purchase due to other books being announced that have drained the funds. I'm sure I'll get to it someday...

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                You would assume correctly. I'm more familiar with Steve's work than Melanie's but am definitely looking forward to her collection. Has Centipede said when her collection is going on sale? It's been in their forthcoming section for awhile now and I haven't read anything about it in their recent newsletters.
                                Cool, I'm doing the same. There was a lot I liked from In Concert and the title story was incredible but other than a few random short stories in anthologies that's all I've read from her. I'm looking forward to it as well, and had the impression it was going to release some time around her husband's but in looking through my emails I couldn't find anything to substantiate that. Her passing probably caused some delays--it's a shame she never got to see what I'm sure will be a beautiful, definitive collection of her short work.
                                -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                                X