No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lord, that's a good deal. ^^^ Congratulations!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Sometimes the book gods smile down upon you and you stumble across a book you've been trying to track down for a while and you get it at an awesome price. That's what happened with the latest acquisition, which I normally see go in the $150-$250 range. I was able to swoop this up off Ebay for $25!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17713[/ATTACH]
      Fantastic deal, congratulations!

Comment

Amazing deal: congratulations!!!
        Shadowland might be my favorite Straub, together with Floating Dragon.
        Love those books.

sk

Comment

Damn that was a steal.

Comment

Thanks, everybody! I got stupid lucky with this purchase. Just goes to show that at no point should Ebay ever be considered a barometer for the "worth" of a book. I've seen books go for well under normal selling rate and others that went way over price as well. This one just happened to go my way.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              Amazing deal: congratulations!!!
              Shadowland might be my favorite Straub, together with Floating Dragon.
              Love those books.

sk
              I agree! I call Ghost Story, Floating Dragon, and Shadowland "Straub's Trilogy of Awesome"! Completely love those books. I actually have almost enjoyed all of Straub's work that I've read so far and in most cases, they get better with repeated readings. Pork Pie Hat is one that I liked quite a bit when I read it the first time, but was completely blown away by Straub's mastery over that tale the second time around. The only book that I didn't like when I first read it was Koko, but that was due to my expectations of the story; I had expected a supernatural story along the lines of his Trilogy of Awesome. Julia and If You Could See Me Now are both criminally underrated, in my opinion.

Comment

So another newish addition. I got this back a few months back and never got around to posting pictures. Barry at Gauntlet was also awesome enough to get me letter UU so I all three of my Matheson lettered editions have matching letters.

Other Kingdoms by Richard Matheson:

20160201_141115 (450x800).jpg20160201_141129 (450x800).jpg

Comment

So another newish addition. I got this back a few months back and never got around to posting pictures. Barry at Gauntlet was also awesome enough to get me letter UU so I all three of my Matheson lettered editions have matching letters.

Other Kingdoms by Richard Matheson:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17760[/ATTACH]
                  Fantastic! I'd heard about this book recently and I have to say it really piqued my interest! Very killer to pick up the lettered edition!

Comment

Thanks, Theli. This is another example of a time I got lucky. Gauntlet offered it through their newsletter for $100. I was hesitant to place the order because I didn't know if they'd be able to fill my letter request and I'm trying to keep matching letters. I'm glad I took the gamble because it paid off!

Comment

I agree! I call Ghost Story, Floating Dragon, and Shadowland "Straub's Trilogy of Awesome"! Completely love those books. I actually have almost enjoyed all of Straub's work that I've read so far and in most cases, they get better with repeated readings. Pork Pie Hat is one that I liked quite a bit when I read it the first time, but was completely blown away by Straub's mastery over that tale the second time around. The only book that I didn't like when I first read it was Koko, but that was due to my expectations of the story; I had expected a supernatural story along the lines of his Trilogy of Awesome. Julia and If You Could See Me Now are both criminally underrated, in my opinion.
                      My least favorite Straub tale is Mr. X. My favorite is Lost Boy, Lost Girl followed by Ghost Story.

Comment

Thanks, Theli. This is another example of a time I got lucky. Gauntlet offered it through their newsletter for $100. I was hesitant to place the order because I didn't know if they'd be able to fill my letter request and I'm trying to keep matching letters. I'm glad I took the gamble because it paid off!
                        $100 for that is a great deal, and being able to match Letters makes it all the better. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          My least favorite Straub tale is Mr. X. My favorite is Lost Boy, Lost Girl followed by Ghost Story.
                          I still have yet to read Mr. X, The Hellfire Club, and A Dark Matter, though I've had all of those in my TBR pile for a couple of years at least. I thought Lost Boy, Lost Girl was fantastic.

Comment

I still have yet to read Mr. X, The Hellfire Club, and A Dark Matter, though I've had all of those in my TBR pile for a couple of years at least. I thought Lost Boy, Lost Girl was fantastic.
                            Hellfire Club is a good read as well, A Dark Matter was just ok for me.

Comment

Been a while since I updated my collection so here are a few new additions:

First is Whispered Echoes by Paul F. Olson
                              IMG_0130.jpgIMG_0131.jpg

Comment

The Chinese Beetle by Brian Keene Lettered Edition:

IMG_0132.jpgIMG_0133.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0135.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X