No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new lettered edition of John Dies at the End arrived day. I really can't stress how great these new lettered editions look. They look good in pictures, but are just awesome in person. Thanks, CD, for putting out these awesome books!

005.jpg
    001.jpg
    002.jpg
    003.jpg
    004.jpg

Comment

Cool!
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

That is a beautiful book. Congratulations.

Comment

Absolutely killer. The lettered edition is just beautiful!

Comment

Very nice looking book.

Not quite my cup of tea though, hence I passed on it.

Comment

I received my books from the Lettered Edition Grab Bag yesterday. As with all of the grab bags I've received from CD, I'm pretty darn happy.

The first books is Dark Advent by Brian Hodge. I really went back and forth about getting the lettered edition when it was first announced and settled on the limited edition due to budget constraints. I kicked myself after seeing what the new lettered editions looked like, so I'm happy that I got lucky with this grab bag selection.

20150816_173200.jpg
              20150816_173248.jpg
              20150816_173306.jpg

Comment

The second book I received from the grab bag was Salome by Mick Garris. I really like the design of this book. This is a really sharp looking book that my subpar photography skills don't quite do it justice.

20150816_173421.jpg
                20150816_173616.jpg
                20150816_173640.jpg

Comment

I'm really digging the copy of Salome, that's one book I wish I'd snagged.

Comment

Very nice additions.Love the end papers.

Comment

Great haul with the lettered grab bag items. Salome is a good story as well.

Comment

Thanks, everybody! I have a couple more books to post, but I'll probably wait until I receive The Straw Men so I can do it in one fell swoop.

Comment

Can't go wrong with John R. Little.

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
                            Can't go wrong with John R. Little.
                            So true. I've been meaning to get more of his stuff. I'm kinda kicking myself because I didn't get in on an Ebay auction for a lettered edition of The Gray Zone a while back.

Comment

So I've been lazy about posting pictures...again. I haven't gotten a ton of new additions lately, but I do have a couple.

First up is The Vampire of Plainfield by Kristopher Rufty from Thunderstorm. I've yet to read the book yet, but the simple breakdown is notorious serial killer Ed Gein versus a vampire with normal folks caught in the middle. I also opted for the Remarque by cover artist David Acosta that I dig quite a bit.

20150917_151623.jpg
                              20150917_151643.jpg
                              20150917_151710.jpg
                              20150917_151725.jpg

Comment

Next are two books in Thunderstorm's Elemental line of books: The Event by Michael McBride and The Narrator by Michael McBride and Norman Prentiss. The Elementals are currently being done in two different styles, a printed on boards version and the leather version pictured below. Around 20 copies of each book were done in the leather style. I like my books with a rather subdued look so I absolutely love these. I'm not a huge fan of smaller sized books, but these I really like.

20150917_151809.jpg20150917_151906.jpg
                                20150917_151834.jpg20150917_151825.jpg
                                20150917_151852.jpg20150917_151845.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X