No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on a lettered edition kick recently. My first addition was acquired from Tommy. I've been wanting a lettered edition of this book for awhile and I'm glad to have it in my collection! Thanks, Tommy!!
    IMG_0677.jpgIMG_0678.jpgIMG_0679.jpgIMG_0680.jpgIMG_0681.jpg
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 09-28-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

The lettered edition of Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters has been one of my favorite CD productions and I finally found one at a decent price ($69!) so I swooped on it. I LOVE this book! Not only is the production great, but this is probably my favorite thing that Douglas Clegg has written.

IMG_0682.jpgIMG_0683.jpgIMG_0684.jpgIMG_0685.jpg

Comment

Next up is Bad Dog by Tom Piccirilli. This is one of two lettered editions I picked up during a recent CDCC offer of 50% off on OOP lettered editions. This is another great looking book from CD.

IMG_0686.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0688.jpgIMG_0690.jpgIMG_0689.jpg

Comment

The second book that I picked up during the CDCC offer was Four Halloweens. The four authors involved (Ray Garton, Kealan Patrick Burke, Ed Gorman, and Norman Prentiss) are some of my favorites, so grabbing this lettered at the discount was a no-brainer for me. Now I'm hoping to be able to track down a copy of the lettered Four Halloweens 2 when it is released.

IMG_0691.jpgIMG_0692.jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0696.jpg

Comment

Very nice, Keith! DWTCS was a great read!
            Last edited by Brian861; 09-28-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              The lettered edition of Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters has been one of my favorite CD productions and I finally found one at a decent price ($69!) so I swooped on it. I LOVE this book! Not only is the production great, but this is probably my favorite thing that Douglas Clegg has written.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20148[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20149[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20150[/ATTACH]
              Love this book. Both a great story and a well designed book. Congratulations on getting the lettered. I will place this as my second favorite Clegg story right after 'Night Cage'. I love that story!
              Last edited by Martin; 09-29-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I love that Clegg and Bad Dog. That Clegg story is terrific. Congrats!

Comment

Man I love the way CD made these leather lettered editions. As much as I love a good tray or slipcase, in a way, nothing beats a classic leather binding.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    Man I love the way CD made these leather lettered editions. As much as I love a good tray or slipcase, in a way, nothing beats a classic leather binding.
                    I'm probably in the minority, but I vastly prefer the traditional lettered format, with traycase and dustjacket. I find a plain leather book sans dj with stamping and silver gilt to be awfully plain, to lack that visual and aethetic "wow" factor...rightly or wrongly, it *seems* like one is getting far less bang for the lettered buck. 'Course, my budgetary priorities don't allow me to be a lettered customer, so it doesn't impact my purchasing decision, but I do have to say there is now much less lure for me to become one. I congratulate CD for trying something new and I'm sure there are many fans like Theli who like and even prefer this new format, but I'm just not among them.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                      I love that Clegg and Bad Dog. That Clegg story is terrific. Congrats!
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Love this book. Both a great story and a well designed book. Congratulations on getting the lettered. I will place this as my second favorite Clegg story right after 'Night Cage'. I love that story!
                        I've been eyeing a copy of Night Cage. I might need to move it up the buying queue now!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          I'm probably in the minority, but I vastly prefer the traditional lettered format, with traycase and dustjacket. I find a plain leather book sans dj with stamping and silver gilt to be awfully plain, to lack that visual and aethetic "wow" factor...rightly or wrongly, it *seems* like one is getting far less bang for the lettered buck. 'Course, my budgetary priorities don't allow me to be a lettered customer, so it doesn't impact my purchasing decision, but I do have to say there is now much less lure for me to become one. I congratulate CD for trying something new and I'm sure there are many fans like Theli who like and even prefer this new format, but I'm just not among them.
                          To be honest I like to have both!

Comment

It has been a while since I posted any new additions to my collection thread so I figured I'd attempt to get caught up a little. I shall begin with new lettered edition acquisitions:

First up is Pork Pie Hat by Peter Straub. This one gets poked fun of quite a bit due to its perennial status as a grab bag item, but I, for one, think that this is one of Straub's best work. Subtle and layered, Pork Pie Hat goes down smooth, yet lingers on the mental palette. I'm happy to finally have a lettered edition in my collection thanks to a member on the forum.

IMG_1433 (2).jpgIMG_1434 (2).jpgIMG_1435 (2).jpg

Comment

Next up is two more of my favorites: Femme and Kinsmen by Bill Pronzini. The trade editions seemed to do better for CD than the limited or lettered editions. I loved both of these books and were able to pick them up for $100 combined. Beautiful editions! The last picture shows a comparison of the limited and lettered editions sans dustjackets. While the limited is nothing to shake a stick at, I just think the leather binding is so much nicer.

IMG_1437 (2).jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1439 (2).jpgIMG_1440 (2).jpgIMG_1441 (2).jpg
                              Last edited by Sock Monkey; 08-12-2018, 04:20 AM.

Comment

I was on the fence about picking up the next lettered edition. Not because of the author as I love Mr. Prentiss's work, but more that I didn't know if I wanted a lettered edition when all of my other Novella Series books were limiteds. Impulsively, I picked up Invisible Fences in the lettered state and I think it is a pretty good looking book. Unfortunately, now I'm fighting the urge to get the rest of the Novella Series in lettered editions. Luckily for my wallet if I do, I only have the past ones to pick up as CD is no longer offering lettered editions for these books.

IMG_1444 (2).jpgIMG_1445 (2).jpgIMG_1448 (2).jpgIMG_1449 (2).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X