Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Sock Monkey's Collection

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Cool looking new books. Congrats!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    PS is one of those publishers that I'm always intrigued by some of the books they publish, but very rarely pull the trigger. Gaslight, Ghosts, and Ghouls were one of those titles. I'll probably start dipping my toe into the PS waters a little more.

The PC editions were more of a coincidence. I've gone back and forth about PC editions over the past few years. On one hand, I get the mentality that it isn't a "true" lettered edition, which caused me to shy away from them at first. But there's another part of my brain that sees the book as having all the same bells and whistles except that a line reads "PC" versus "AA", which this part of my mind finds rather trivial.

I won't begrudge anybody else their opinion as both viewpoints are valid, but I'm settled that I won't pass on a good deal due to it being a PC copy. And the KPB book was a smoking deal at $41.99.

Does anybody solely collect PC copies? Maybe I'm missing a niche...
    That is a great price, I only have the limited but it is a great read.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Thunderstorm Books recently partnered up with Poltergeist Press for a new lettered edition imprint titled ANOTHER GHOST. I wiffle-waffled a little too long when the two first titles were announced and missed out. Luckily, Paul at Thunderstorm was able to help me out and I was able to add the two titles to my collection. Thunderstorm always puts out very nice limited editions so I knew that I would be in good hands, but was very impressed once I got them in my hands.

The first book is A Penny For Your Thoughts by Robert Ford and Matt Hayward:

IMG_2451 (2).jpg
    IMG_2452 (3).jpg
    IMG_2453 (2).jpg
    IMG_2454 (2).jpg
    IMG_2455 (3).jpg
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 02-03-2020 at 09:41 PM.

The second Another Ghost title is A Place for Sinners by Aaron Dries:

IMG_2457 (2).jpg
    IMG_2458 (2).jpg
    IMG_2459 (2).jpg
    IMG_2460 (2).jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    The second Another Ghost title is A Place for Sinners by Aaron Dries:

IMG_2457 (2).jpg
    IMG_2458 (2).jpg
    IMG_2459 (2).jpg
    IMG_2460 (2).jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    Those are beautiful. I have no clue how Thunderstorm can make a profit with the retail, production quality and limitation of their books.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Those are beautiful. I have no clue how Thunderstorm can make a profit with the retail, production quality and limitation of their books.
    I always wonder that as well. Thunderstorm's limitations keep dropping lower with the Black Voltage titles going to 45-52 copies. The price point is usually what slows my purchases from them. I kind of wish that their print runs would go up so maybe the price point could drop a bit. A 100-150 print run would be large for a non-Brian Keene Thunderstorm book, but is so small in comparison to what CD, Subterranean, or Centipede does.

I really tapered off in my Thunderstorm purchases over the last two years, but I'm slowly working my way back in. I can't afford to be a completist as Thunderstorm publishes too much for my wallet to handle in addition to the other publishers I buy from. Right now I'm trying to decide what lines I want to jump back on. What I've always like about Thunderstorm is the uniformity in each one of their lines (okay, everything besides their Elemental line that went through so many permutations) as it speaks to what I really like as a collector.

I always wonder that as well. Thunderstorm's limitations keep dropping lower with the Black Voltage titles going to 45-52 copies. The price point is usually what slows my purchases from them. I kind of wish that their print runs would go up so maybe the price point could drop a bit. A 100-150 print run would be large for a non-Brian Keene Thunderstorm book, but is so small in comparison to what CD, Subterranean, or Centipede does.

I really tapered off in my Thunderstorm purchases over the last two years, but I'm slowly working my way back in. I can't afford to be a completist as Thunderstorm publishes too much for my wallet to handle in addition to the other publishers I buy from. Right now I'm trying to decide what lines I want to jump back on. What I've always like about Thunderstorm is the uniformity in each one of their lines (okay, everything besides their Elemental line that went through so many permutations) as it speaks to what I really like as a collector.
    I only own a few Thunderstorm books but each one is well done.