No announcement yet.

Sock Monkey's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great additions! I am heading to the beach next week for a vacation and am debating between two books to take, December Park is one of them.

Comment

Spectaculous! Awesome additions. The hairy endpaper kills me!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very nice additions! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks, everybody!

Comment

Those are some fantastic additions! I really the Straub book - read the paperback.

Comment

Nice! Interesting cover on the Conrad Williams. I think I've only read one story of his that was in a SubPress magazine, but it was better than the rest in the issue if memory serves.

My Top of the Volcano had the same small slip for the signature page. Makes me wonder if some sort of apparatus was used for the signings, but I'm just speculating. It's a beautiful book.

Good call on the Wagner books!
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                Those are some fantastic additions! I really the Straub book - read the paperback.
                I originally read it in paperback as well. A few years back if I remember correctly. I've wanted this edition for a while. I'm looking forward to their edition of Julia.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  Nice! Interesting cover on the Conrad Williams. I think I've only read one story of his that was in a SubPress magazine, but it was better than the rest in the issue if memory serves.

My Top of the Volcano had the same small slip for the signature page. Makes me wonder if some sort of apparatus was used for the signings, but I'm just speculating. It's a beautiful book.

Good call on the Wagner books!
                  I haven't read anything by Williams yet so this will be my introduction. Definitely looking forward to it. Might wait until Halloween and do a book a week to get caught up on my Earthling Halloween books; I still haven't read Blood Red or Motherless Child. Hoping to track down a copy of The Haunted Forest Tour this year as well.

I kicked myself a long time for not jumping on the Wagner books when they were first offered. I'm very happy to have them on my shelves now!

Comment

A super read. read Another in my top 10 of the year so far. I know it came out last year but I just read it. .
                    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Received this last week. Very much looking forward to reading it!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16889[/ATTACH]

Comment

Newest Little Book arrived as well. I haven't read anything by Poppy Z. Brite, so I'm pretty excited about this one.

Little Book of New Orleans Stories by Poppy Z. Brite:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16897[/ATTACH]
                      A very good story teller. Love her shorter works.

Comment

Another one I read recently. A great collection of stories.
                        I got this a while back but never posted any pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16899[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                          Have they announced this years title yet?
                          It was JUST announced: Rage Master by Simon Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            It was JUST announced: Rage Master by Simon Clark.
                            I ordered mine through Camelot Books, Thanks! Werewolf story, hope it's interesting.

Comment

"Evil is what we call the force we can discover when we send our minds as far as they can go: when the mind crumbles before something bigger, harder than itself, unknowable and hostile."

-Peter Straub, If You Could See Me Now

Just finished this morning. This was a fantastic read, great purchase!
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                "Evil is what we call the force we can discover when we send our minds as far as they can go: when the mind crumbles before something bigger, harder than itself, unknowable and hostile."

-Peter Straub, If You Could See Me Now

Just finished this morning. This was a fantastic read, great purchase!
                                Thanks! I'm hoping to revisit in the near future. Maybe I'll wait until I get the Centipede edition of Julia and do a Straub double-feature!

Comment

Working...
                                X